Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    6

    yellow post it notes

    Today I spent several hours between the drive time and tearing apart an adf trying to check out a sensor problem. after having it apart several times I finally see a little bit of yellow color come into view, and here I am looking for a more major problem. Thanks for letting me rant.


  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,703
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: yellow post it notesfinger nails

    Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    Today I spent several hours between the drive time and tearing apart an adf trying to check out a sensor problem. after having it apart several times I finally see a little bit of yellow color come into view, and here I am looking for a more major problem. Thanks for letting me rant.
    hey Brother.. Rant on!

    in 31 years I have seen all sorts of things in printers copiers shredders.. finger nails..labels..staples.. even a bag of green leafy organic matter in the feed of an old HP 5L...

    "Life of a tech that has a stooooopid boss/customers!


  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lutherville, MD
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: yellow post it notes

    Just as bad as having to drive an hour and a half because users are to stupid to think to keep the scanning glasses (slit and bed) clean! Hate that!! I tell them to just use glass cleaner and clean it themselves!


  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,396
    Rep Power
    181

    Re: yellow post it notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Just as bad as having to drive an hour and a half because users are to stupid to think to keep the scanning glasses (slit and bed) clean! Hate that!! I tell them to just use glass cleaner and clean it themselves!
    In my experience, most glass cleaner is useless against gum residue unless it contains alcohol. Alcohol prep pad work great. most offices have them in their first aid kits.


  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: yellow post it notes

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In my experience, most glass cleaner is useless against gum residue unless it contains alcohol. Alcohol prep pad work great. most offices have them in their first aid kits.
    I tell clients to use hand sanitizer (everybody has it), not only is it 70% alcohol but most have hand softener/emollients that helps keep the glass clean...


  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    yellow post it notes

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,703
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: yellow post it notes

    I try to call my customers ( because the people in my office REFUSE to ask prelim questions.) to find out what the issue is. A lot of times I save my drive/repair time and the customer $$$$. The ONLY one that isn't happy in those situations is MY BOSS!


  7. #7
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: yellow post it notes

    I always like the messages from customers that say " There is something wrong with our copier, please come and fix it". Could they be any more vague? Lol


  8. #8
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,396
    Rep Power
    181

    Re: yellow post it notes

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I always like the messages from customers that say " There is something wrong with our copier, please come and fix it". Could they be any more vague? Lol
    My boss called me one Saturday that an executive at one of our major accounts was need a report printed to take with him to their corporate in Texas for a meeting Monday morning. I went there ans the executive met me at the door to let me in. Savin 8075 with tandem tray and 3000 sheet LCT and no letter size paper. Luckily I knew where they stored their paper. The exec was a local VP. Memo went out to all clerical people Monday that all paper trays on all copiers will be full by COB Fridays.


  9. #9
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    yellow post it notes


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: yellow post it notes

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My boss called me one Saturday that an executive at one of our major accounts was need a report printed to take with him to their corporate in Texas for a meeting Monday morning. I went there ans the executive met me at the door to let me in. Savin 8075 with tandem tray and 3000 sheet LCT and no letter size paper. Luckily I knew where they stored their paper. The exec was a local VP. Memo went out to all clerical people Monday that all paper trays on all copiers will be full by COB Fridays.
    So, your Saturday got disrupted just so you could load paper? That is a great use of a techs time.


  10. #10
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: yellow post it notes

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My boss called me one Saturday that an executive at one of our major accounts was need a report printed to take with him to their corporate in Texas for a meeting Monday morning. I went there ans the executive met me at the door to let me in. Savin 8075 with tandem tray and 3000 sheet LCT and no letter size paper. Luckily I knew where they stored their paper. The exec was a local VP. Memo went out to all clerical people Monday that all paper trays on all copiers will be full by COB Fridays.
    Whaaaat!, on your day off....
    On my day off I'd tell the boss , I'll fill the SOB's COB's paper trays for 50cent per sheet of paper. Refill their toilet rolls for $20 a roll, ...no problem.

    Any ones back side need wiping while we're at it, --females first...

    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here