Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Don'tcha Just Love It??

Don'tcha Just Love It??

...when you go to work on a machine with two specific problems, and once those are addressed, a THIRD one pops up?

#DontYouJustLoveItWhen

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Don'tcha Just Love It??

....and oh!....BY THE WAY.....!!!Don'tcha Just Love It??
    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    ...when you go to work on a machine with two specific problems, and once those are addressed, a THIRD one pops up?

#DontYouJustLoveItWhen
    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Don'tcha Just Love It??

#DontYouJustLoveItWhen
    glad to see that this issue isn't reserved to folks in NC!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

#DontYouJustLoveItWhen
    Yeah, when the third item doesn't let the machine work or you have to tell the non contract customer that it is going to cost more.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I seem to have issues with customers forgetting what they called in for. My girls will put, word for word, what they say.

Me... So you have dark streaks?
    Them...no, it's jamming on the side.

Me...So it's jamming?
    Them...No, it makes a noise.

I have also learned that when it's jamming from the top tray, they mean the adf.

Or don't you love seeing a ticket that just says "error code" and your brain starts screaming, "WELL, WHAT'S THE FUCKING CODE???
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I seem to have issues with customers forgetting what they called in for. My girls will put, word for word, what they say.

Me... So you have dark streaks?
    Them...no, it's jamming on the side.

Me...So it's jamming?
    Them...No, it makes a noise.

I have also learned that when it's jamming from the top tray, they mean the adf.

Or don't you love seeing a ticket that just says "error code" and your brain starts screaming, "WELL, WHAT'S THE FUCKING CODE???
    Back in the day when they were analog I had one customer phone for a line on the copy. I fixed it and they called back for the same problem two days in a row as they were now using the lined copy as a original.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Working in multiple cities for the same company.
    One guy from City "B" goes on holidays, and so the company request goes that Techs from city "A" must help out the Techs in city "B", an so make up the short fall.

Anyway...

While working on jobs in city "B" there happened to be one particular machine that cause no end of grief for all the Techs (and the customer).
    So, yours truly has a look at the machine first time ever and found about 4 possibly 5 dynamic faults with the machine.
    hmm... This gets me thinking... What the frag does city "B" techs do when it comes to fault finding? Do they sitting around knitting ,drinking coffee and swapping bingo jokes. Are you guys serious about being Techs... Boss said to me a few weeks later. What was wrong with that problem machine? Its been working great since you visited it. I didn't have the heart to tell him. It would have look bad for the other Techs.

And so, I couldn't wait for the city "B" Tech to come back from holidays...

An as a good xmas guesture the company gave all the city "B" Techs a pay rise, and the sales guys a bonus for that year. An all I got was a coffee cup. And for that same year xmas presents , I told the company bosses where they could put their job, an quit.

Don't ya just love it....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

How about when you have the machine in pieces, the customer walks up and asks if they can make a quick copy.

"Hang on a second I'll just put it all back together, just to pull it all back apart again after your copy! Not...."

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

“Chick-a-Boom, Chick-a-Boom, don’tcha just love it...” - Daddy Dewdrop

daddy dewdrop chick a boom - Google Search
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Working in multiple cities for the same company.
    One guy from City "B" goes on holidays, and so the company request goes that Techs from city "A" must help out the Techs in city "B", an so make up the short fall.

Anyway...

While working on jobs in city "B" there happened to be one particular machine that cause no end of grief for all the Techs (and the customer).
    So, yours truly has a look at the machine first time ever and found about 4 possibly 5 dynamic faults with the machine.
    hmm... This gets me thinking... What the frag does city "B" techs do when it comes to fault finding? Do they sitting around knitting ,drinking coffee and swapping bingo jokes. Are you guys serious about being Techs... Boss said to me a few weeks later. What was wrong with that problem machine? Its been working great since you visited it. I didn't have the heart to tell him. It would have look bad for the other Techs.

And so, I couldn't wait for the city "B" Tech to come back from holidays...

An as a good xmas guesture the company gave all the city "B" Techs a pay rise, and the sales guys a bonus for that year. An all I got was a coffee cup. And for that same year xmas presents , I told the company bosses where they could put their job, an quit.

Don't ya just love it....

Cant stand city "B'' techs. If you do things by the book life is peaceful. This is not for the thrill of fault finding for me anymore its about less visits.
    Gone all territorial my base is my base i don't break yours you don't break mine.
    These company bosses don't give a @#$% about the techs because of city "B" techs.
    Whatever