Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Don'tcha Just Love It??

Re: Don'tcha Just Love It??

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Working in multiple cities for the same company.
    One guy from City "B" goes on holidays, and so the company request goes that Techs from city "A" must help out the Techs in city "B", an so make up the short fall.

Anyway...

While working on jobs in city "B" there happened to be one particular machine that cause no end of grief for all the Techs (and the customer).
    So, yours truly has a look at the machine first time ever and found about 4 possibly 5 dynamic faults with the machine.
    hmm... This gets me thinking... What the frag does city "B" techs do when it comes to fault finding? Do they sitting around knitting ,drinking coffee and swapping bingo jokes. Are you guys serious about being Techs... Boss said to me a few weeks later. What was wrong with that problem machine? Its been working great since you visited it. I didn't have the heart to tell him. It would have look bad for the other Techs.

And so, I couldn't wait for the city "B" Tech to come back from holidays...

An as a good xmas guesture the company gave all the city "B" Techs a pay rise, and the sales guys a bonus for that year. An all I got was a coffee cup. And for that same year xmas presents , I told the company bosses where they could put their job, an quit.

Don't ya just love it....
    This is common for the hard worker techs world wide, not to mention that when asking for holiday break you are often refused with some bullshit excuses....
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Don'tcha Just Love It??

....OR, when the customer calls in saying "My machine won't print", and over the phone you discover that they have more than ONE instance of the MFP installed.

The conversation begins, "...No worries. Let's just go into Printer Properties and check the Ports tab, and make sure we're using the right port...

....now it's asking for an Administrator Password to continue, and you'll have to call us back??"

...sigh.....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Don'tcha Just Love It??

Squeaks...…………..Don'tcha just love 'em?

Had to swap out a whole machine because of a squeak. (Later tracked down to press roll bearings C4502). Customer didn't want machine to be down for more than 15 minutes at a time (Supposedly had "payroll to print"....Every hour of every day??? Made it harder to track down the culprit, and had to go back a couple times when the squeak came back. So upon request from a half-dozen or so office staff/ supervisors/ and corporate, our service manager told them we would swap it. What a bunch of hassle for something so minor!! One more 15 minute visit would've taken care of the noise, but NOOO....had to spend 2 hours swapping machine and getting on network. Don'tcha just love it?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Don't cha love noise calls? I recently drove almost 3 hours for one. Get there, start testing, hear nothing. I ask the customer. They said "listen, can't you hear it? I listen and then try to explain that it is a normal noise. "It didn't used to do it. "Well, it does now". "It is a normal noise from one of the hundreds of things that rotate."
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Squeaks...…………..Don'tcha just love 'em?

Had to swap out a whole machine because of a squeak. (Later tracked down to press roll bearings C4502). Customer didn't want machine to be down for more than 15 minutes at a time (Supposedly had "payroll to print"....Every hour of every day??? Made it harder to track down the culprit, and had to go back a couple times when the squeak came back. So upon request from a half-dozen or so office staff/ supervisors/ and corporate, our service manager told them we would swap it. What a bunch of hassle for something so minor!! One more 15 minute visit would've taken care of the noise, but NOOO....had to spend 2 hours swapping machine and getting on network. Don'tcha just love it?

Hehe sucking the corporate d#$%...

Hate it when i go to a call for noise, just touching the front door makes it disappear.
    Or convincing the customer that the noise and heat it makes is normal.
    Whatever