Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Hurricane Florence

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I'm working on my new greeting: " Welcome to Walmart ... Do you need a cart today?

So how does that sound Slim? Open to suggestions.

My house - cars - boat all PIF!

basically living expenses...

after inheritance money in the bank too

Stand in line... Ladies to the left Gents to the right. (Oh! forgot,that's not politically correct.)

Re. Being replaced by cheap junior staff.
    Young people of today have no appreciation nor gratitude of senior experience. They have no way of knowing the expertise nor experience of senior staff. Senior staff are just a HR commodity; expandable and replaceable at any moment. If you are forced to move on the boss will learn through experience when its too late.

I 've had a couple of bosses come back to me over the years and say I should never have let you go.
    Their ego's are wounded and their pride won't allow themselves to reconcile their employee mistake.
    Too bad I say, I hope the boss an his wounded pocket expenses (through lost staff) burns deep.

Move on if you absolutely have too, otherwise I'd say stick it out...
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 09-20-2018 at 12:24 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Hurricane Florence

Hi Fix and Phil, how did Florence end up for you? any lasting damage?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Hurricane Florence

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post

Re. Being replaced by cheap junior staff.
    Young people of today have no appreciation nor gratitude of senior experience. They have no way of knowing the expertise nor experience of senior staff. Senior staff are just a HR commodity; expandable and replaceable at any moment.
    Move on if you absolutely have too, otherwise I'd say stick it out...
    Haha young people now-a-daze, wouldn't work for the pittance I get... no HC - 3 days Vaca aftr 5yrs.. ONLY 'perk' is being able to split if Family calls.. since Mom passed a year ago... haven't needed to use it ( but might be soon ;-) )

he and his wife have run off 3 GREAT workers and 2 newbies ( quit b4 their 90day )

Maybe it's a good thing I don't carry in the office.....

Hurricane Florence

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Hi Fix and Phil, how did Florence end up for you? any lasting damage?
    Fix got it way worse than me.. he had fencing fly away and other things I do believe..

I lost pwr 4 times 5-15mins each time.. 1 top limb from a tree... I did have water flowing from the gutters INTO my yard.. but... naw no biggie...fran was worse.

Thanks for Asking!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Fix got it way worse than me.. he had fencing fly away and other things I do believe..

I lost pwr 4 times 5-15mins each time.. 1 top limb from a tree... I did have water flowing from the gutters INTO my yard.. but... naw no biggie...fran was worse.

Thanks for Asking!

Similar here when cyclone/hurricane Maria come through our location 2-3 years ago. We lost fences and trees in a lot of areas.
    One huge tree land to the side and over half the roof of a neighbours house. Minor to major structural damage in some locations, along with major tree losses throughout the city.
    We lost boundary fences, and tiles move around on the roof, but otherwise most structures and people came through it generally okay.

Driving around the city it was interesting to see newer style housing badly damage with the older style houses standing firm either side of the damaged houses.

It's all good long as everybody came through it safely...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Hurricane Florence

Hi Phil
    Glad to hear, you seem to have enough troubles at work with out your home being damaged as well.

I've also worked for a husband and wife set up a couple of times and was glad to get out of there and back to a big set up with real business people running the show. I know it's rather vindictive of me but I had a grin on my face for days when I heard that one of the set ups went through 2 techs in 2 months after I left then went down the gurgler completely.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Hurricane Florence

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Hi Phil
    Glad to hear, you seem to have enough troubles at work with out your home being damaged as well.

I've also worked for a husband and wife set up a couple of times and was glad to get out of there and back to a big set up with real business people running the show. I know it's rather vindictive of me but I had a grin on my face for days when I heard that one of the set ups went through 2 techs in 2 months after I left then went down the gurgler completely.
    well Friday 'he' came to me .. told me he had called the rest of the FP install customers.. not consulting me ( Service Manager and only tech ) YOU WILL be in Smithfield at 9;30-10am Monday.. you WILL be in Rocky Mount Tues AM Roanoke Rapids @ noon.
    Got in today.. tried checking setup for the accounts ALL three had the accounts disabled.. I messaged him about it and I was going home for lack of repair parts ordered and service calls to do. NO!!!! go clean the warehouse! has a young part timer doing that (that doesn't)
    I wrote him a two page email when i got home 1/2 hr later outlining the issues that we have gone over but never addressed by him. Went over the "Chain of Command" ad the "micro Manage" thingy.. he STILL demanded I come back to work. NO!
    told him we will converse on the 8th @ 0900.. not before!
    well 'cording to his sis-in-law he was going around all day WHINING like the lil bitch he is.. worried if I quit he wouldn't be able to keep service open! OFW it hasn't been until Jan 2017 that I finally got more than a 10cent/hr raise! ( was @ 12.50$ then... been in the industry longer than he has... been a Tech/Manager longer than he has had his business)
    So I am really working on my WalMart Greeting!

maybe I';; be posting in the " Last Day" forum soon!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Hurricane Florence

WOW, time to move on Phil, if the situation allows; this type of work is not good for your mental wellbeing.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Hurricane Florence

There are benefits and drawbacks to working for a mom 'n pop.

Generally theres some flexibility of hours. I've taken emergency time off, but it really doesn't balance with the 70 hour weeks (and being paid for 40).

You don't have so much of the corporate policy business, where nobody actually knows why you're doing it, and it makes no sense, but thats ok since its a new corporate policy.

If you've been making it on your current wages ... well maybe you can survive as an Indy. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=