Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: recognize this?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    recognize this?

Re: recognize this?

What's wrong with a folded up piece of paper for cheating door switches?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    recognize this?

I remember using different interlock jigs back in the analog days. No use for interlock jigs anymore. Main reason jigs were used was to watch operation, paper travel for jamming, coronas coming on, etc. Nowadays in most copiers you can't see much when leaving front door open and jumping the interlock.

I just came across a jig that held up the clamshells so they didn't fall on your hand while working on machine. Looks like it clipped on the shock rod. As the old timers probably remember the shocks never held the copiers open. Back then my long phillips screwdriver was used more to hold "clamshells" up then for screws!
    Last edited by copyman; 11-01-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    recognize this?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I remember using different interlock jigs back in the analog days. No use for interlock jigs anymore. Main reason jigs were used was to watch operation, paper travel for jamming, coronas coming on, etc. Nowadays in most copiers you can't see much when leaving front door open and jumping the interlock.

I just came across a jig that held up the clamshells so they didn't fall on your hand while working on machine. Looks like it clipped on the shock rod. As the old timers probably remember the shocks never held the copiers open. My long phillips screwdriver was used to hold up many copier "clamshells" back then.
    More often than not, I just used my vice grips and a cloth to hold the clam shell open.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    recognize this?

Not to get off topic too much but how did the Jap's not realize that the shocks would not hold open the clamshell once the adf was installed. Most would stay open without the feeder. They forgot to test shocks with feeder installed. ha-ha

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

recognize this ?
    if so when was the last time you saw one ? if ever lol slerex letter[1].pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    What's wrong with a folded up piece of paper for cheating door switches?
    You must have never worked with some of my old colleagues, some of those clowns would have the paper fall in and not remove the cover to take it out. Nothing like bent door switches, springs to cause intermittent jams as the customer leans on the front cover. Other then that........................................

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    recognize this ?
    I can remember the first tv commercial explaining fax machines using geese walking from one machine to the other. The spokesman was a 70's sitcom actor who then asked if he could send over linked sausages. Wasn't in the industry then either.

I still have all 3 of the cheaters

And paper was never a good idea it would catch and bend the microswitch arm instead I used different sizes of rubber tubing

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    recognize this ?
    .... Document was dated 1972.

In 1972 we still had operator assisted phone exchange at the post office. Operators would plug a phono jack and cable in to a matrix grid on the wall. The operator would have to physically assist the connection of two parties before a phone call could proceed.

I'm amazed that fax was even invented at that point in history. The document said could you use this "facility", I'm wondering if the fax equipment filled a small room.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    .... Document was dated 1972.

In 1972 we still had operator assisted phone exchange at the post office. Operators would plug a phono jack and cable in to a matrix grid on the wall. The operator would have to physically assist the connection of two parties before a phone call could proceed.

I'm amazed that fax was even invented at that point in history. The document said could you use this "facility", I'm wondering if the fax equipment filled a small room.
    Just to really set you back on your heels the fax was actually invented in the 1840's. I was floored when I read about this originally. But here is a link with the history of the fax.

Fax Machine History