Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: recognize this?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    recognize this?

Re: recognize this?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    What's wrong with a folded up piece of paper for cheating door switches?
    Because it unfolds and gets stuck...use a block of soft packing foam or a folded bit of silicone tubing !

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    What's wrong with a folded up piece of paper for cheating door switches?
    and it also doubles as a skewed copy correction when placed under a corner or jammed in a guide

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    recognize this?

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    recognize this ?
    if so when was the last time you saw one ? if ever lol Attachment 41018
    Think if the "original" facsimile machine was shown....

I'm a big fan of Carl Lewis and his interesting inventions....

The Secret Life Of Machines - The Fax Machine
    YouTube

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    recognize this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    Because it unfolds and gets stuck...use a block of soft packing foam or a folded bit of silicone tubing !
    Paper is plentiful in my line of work. Lol It seems to do the trick quite nicely.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I remember using different interlock jigs back in the analog days. No use for interlock jigs anymore. Main reason jigs were used was to watch operation, paper travel for jamming, coronas coming on, etc. Nowadays in most copiers you can't see much when leaving front door open and jumping the interlock.

I just came across a jig that held up the clamshells so they didn't fall on your hand while working on machine. Looks like it clipped on the shock rod. As the old timers probably remember the shocks never held the copiers open. Back then my long phillips screwdriver was used more to hold "clamshells" up then for screws!
    Absolutely right.
    Intsead screwdriver I was using machine own toner bag with their cap on(didn't crumple toner bag) plus give you more safety, screwdrivers are easy to slip out.
    Last edited by tsbservice; 11-10-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    recognize this?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I remember using different interlock jigs back in the analog days. No use for interlock jigs anymore. Main reason jigs were used was to watch operation, paper travel for jamming, coronas coming on, etc. Nowadays in most copiers you can't see much when leaving front door open and jumping the interlock.

I just came across a jig that held up the clamshells so they didn't fall on your hand while working on machine. Looks like it clipped on the shock rod. As the old timers probably remember the shocks never held the copiers open. Back then my long phillips screwdriver was used more to hold "clamshells" up then for screws!
    I had a wooden dowel to prop up the clamshells. It reminds me of a leg trap. The shock is holding, holding, holding, ... it seems OK ... you just don't know when it going to drop on your hand. I don't know if I still have it, Mita made an OEM prop for the DC-152, DC-1655, DC-1755. With the DF option the 1755 smashed a lot of hands. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I had a wooden dowel to prop up the clamshells. It reminds me of a leg trap. The shock is holding, holding, holding, ... it seems OK ... you just don't know when it going to drop on your hand. I don't know if I still have it, Mita made an OEM prop for the DC-152, DC-1655, DC-1755. With the DF option the 1755 smashed a lot of hands. =^..^=

Ahh..The good old days...

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Yep!....
    Jamb a long handle screw driver up under the clam shell strut to stop the upper frame from coming down on your hand.

Ye ol' Toshiba's were a clam shell design. From the service tech point of view, the clam shell made servicing machines a tad quicker and parts removal a lot easier. Some of the old Canons were clam shell design too. Canon NP210 rings a bell.

I preferred working on clam shell machines, it could reduce your busy service schedule down by an hour per day.
    Which got me home a couple of hours earlier if I was working out of town for a few days. I'd get home around 7pm instead of 9pm.

Re. long hours:
    I've done my years of long arduous cold thankless work schedules that no one knows I've done, an no one gives a hoot either way. <add violins>
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    recognize this?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re. long hours:
    I've done my years of long arduous cold thankless work schedules that no one knows I've done, an no one gives a hoot either way. <add violins>
    There for a while (1989-1995) I would plan PMs at the print shops for the 5:00-10:00pm time window. This worked as well for companies with 2nd and 3rd shifts.

No, there was no overtime. It was the only way to get the work done. But, alas, it went unrecognized and 16 hour got days get old really quickly. When I got an offer to switch employers I vowed that I wouldn't do that anymore. That was when I started the database. It consumed 25 hours a week, but at least it was home time. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=