Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: don't you hate when people improperly use your tools?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Oh so true...

One of the senior (trying to retire) female members in my family is auto/industrial upholster and seamstress.
    She is very very capable person. I'm sometimes amazed at the quality of her workmanship.
    She is one of the only women I know of that gets genuinely excited when she walks into a tool shop to buy tools.
    She is one of the only females I know of that gets excited about receiving a new multi-draw floor standing tool box for xmas.

There are women out there who can carry a mans pay grade with genuine dignity, an with true respect from other men.

We have one of those ladies working for us. Best tech ever, because not only does she know copiers inside and out but she is so organized, almost to the point of OCD. Takes notes, writes everything down. She is certified on the big Konica color boxes. Had to pull an adu out of one last week by herself. I think she is 61.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Know there are production qualified techs out there that strips a PH2 tip in 2 days!!

I would have lost my shit if someone asked me for a screw driver and started waking it with a hammer
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Been a while since I been on here but this thread got my memories going. A while back I "loaned" my laptop to another tech because the supervisor knew I had one and it could be used to download and install firmware upgrades to Kyocera and Konica Minolta machines. Well worst part was I told the ding-a-ling computer expert to use the guest account and not the administrator account to log in. It was what I used to do the firmware storage and upgrades. No dimwitted expert decided that guest account was not good enough and sets up a new admin account with new password and rights to my private account. Just to reinforce something This laptop was not a company provided pc. I owned it outright so I did not need to borrow customer pc's to download or install firmware. Borrower also did not return the laptop for over a week. I had to reinstall a back up and redo all passwords. And quite bluntly told dimwitted borrower to get their own laptop. If I owned one to do my job properly then so could they. Owner of the company I worked for and asked why I refused to "help a fellow employee" Did not like but had to accept the simple fact that I paid the five hundred for the laptop and also the jerk who borrowed it put software on that I specifically told them not to. Then I proposed he buy a laptop since he owned a business he could actually buy one wholesale.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I don't get it...What's the problem, she's using a hammer ...drill...