Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

don't you hate when people improperly use your tools?

I was repairing a bizhub machine when this man ( working in the same office) approaches and asks for a flat tipped screwdriver "for just a moment", well yes I have one but...."yes it will be just a moment", so I let it go, but time passed so I went to look for this guy just to find out that he was using my tool as a chisel, banging it with a hammer to remove a metal part of his motorcycle...

I promised myself never lend my tools again....

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: don't you hate when people improperly use your tools?

Quote Originally Posted by rapidocument View Post
    I was repairing a bizhub machine when this man ( working in the same office) approaches and asks for a flat tipped screwdriver "for just a moment", well yes I have one but...."yes it will be just a moment", so I let it go, but time passed so I went to look for this guy just to find out that he was using my tool as a chisel, banging it with a hammer to remove a metal part of his motorcycle...
    I promised myself never lend my tools again....
    I Do not even lend out my GARDEN tools ( most from flea market buys) MY TECH tools I paid GOOD $$$ for? NFWINH!
    sorry for your loss

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

My 3 year old daughter using my tape measure as a "Rescue Rope" for my 8 year old daughter, and on the other hand using it as a "binding rope" to tie each other up.

My wife using ANY of my tools for anything other than what they're designed for.

A fellow co-worker using my cordless drill as a hammer (cracked battery casing).

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post

A fellow co-worker using my cordless drill as a hammer (cracked battery casing).
    A co-worker 'borrowered' my cordless (while I was on vacation) ran that battery down, than used the spare battery until it was dead - the little fart didn't think to put either of the batteries on the charger. I am still pissed, because neither battery will take a charge; and replacement batteries will cost more than the original cost. 😩
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm constantly screaming at the IT kiddies who wander into my workshop and borrow my hand tools without asking then never return them.
    I got so fed up with them "borrowing"and then losing my packing tape gun I went and brought them their own and they promptly lost that.
    Last edited by Lagonda; 12-04-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    ...I got so fed up with them "borrowing"and then loosing my packing tape gun I went and brought them their own and they promptly lost that.
    True as hell, but they know who has one
    Just kidding, recently I was working to install KM bizhub C258 at client in new building. There were some guys they adjust the doors automats and one of them looking a-ha to dig into my open toolbox. I went there and asked him - what do you looking for man? He needs some wrench which he has down in his car but was too lazy to take it
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    On going problem in Oz ATM. Wo-men(women who want to be men) want equal pay for equal skills as men... But 90% of wo-men still struggle with their equal skill set.

Don't get me wrong, man,women,youth, I'm all for paying top dollar when people truly deserve and earn their rate of pay...

In my experience, when people truly demand more money from their employer, it really means -- I'm getting tied of the mundane day-to-day work schedule --will a bit more money make my life more exciting? After an agreed pay rise from the employer those same people still expect the job to somehow magically change from the same mundane.

No disrespect intended...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Truly that's a very old clichι - woman with tools. But I've met many women more apt at using tools than I am, and I've seen my share of man that couldn't tell the difference between a philips screwdriver and a jackhammer...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Truly that's a very old clichι - woman with tools. But I've met many women more apt at using tools than I am, and I've seen my share of man that couldn't tell the difference between a philips screwdriver and a jackhammer...

Oh so true...

One of the senior (trying to retire) female members in my family is auto/industrial upholster and seamstress.
    She is very very capable person. I'm sometimes amazed at the quality of her workmanship.
    She is one of the only women I know of that gets genuinely excited when she walks into a tool shop to buy tools.
    She is one of the only females I know of that gets excited about receiving a new multi-draw floor standing tool box for xmas.

There are women out there who can carry a mans pay grade with genuine dignity, an with true respect from other men.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••