Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Robbing Social Security and Medicare to Fund US Defense

Corrupt Senator Frantically Dumps Stock

James Inhofe is a perfect example of a scumbag politician. Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, hosts of The Young Turks, break it down.

Read more here: Sen. James Inhofe Bought Defense Stock Days After Pushing for Record Pentagon Spending—Then Dumped It When Asked About It

"Just days after signaling his support for unprecedented levels of U.S. defense spending, Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK), the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, reported purchasing tens of thousands of dollars of stock in one of the nation’s top defense contractors.

After The Daily Beast asked about the purchase, Inhofe’s office said the senator had contacted his financial adviser to cancel the transaction and instructed him to avoid defense and aerospace purchases going forward.

Inhofe, who took over the top spot on Armed Services after the death of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) in August, has repeatedly pressed President Donald Trump to dramatically scale up the Pentagon’s annual budget, which currently stands at $717 billion. Last week, after Trump hinted he would like to scale back parts of that budget, Inhofe met with the president and Defense Secretary James Mattis, after which it was announced that the administration would seek even more defense funding: a record $750 billion in spending for fiscal year 2020."

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Robbing Social Security and Medicare to Fund US Defense

SS and Medicare funds are being drained to pay $70,000 a year for each ILLEGAL immigrant that crosses our border! If USA can stop this invasion there will be plenty of $$$ for SS & Medicare for next 100 years! Makes me mad that I pay $1,257 per month for SINGLE coverage health insurance while illegal immigrants get medical coverage for free !!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    SS and Medicare funds are being drained to pay $70,000 a year for each ILLEGAL immigrant that crosses our border! If USA can stop this invasion there will be plenty of $$$ for SS & Medicare for next 100 years! Makes me mad that I pay $1,257 per month for SINGLE coverage health insurance while illegal immigrants get medical coverage for free !!!

5 immigration myths debunked

Do Undocumented Immigrants Overuse Government Benefits?

Do Undocumented Immigrants Overuse Government Benefits? | Econofact

The Truth About Undocumented Immigrants and Taxes

The Truth About Undocumented Immigrants and Taxes - The Atlantic

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I think I would be more angry about having to pay $1257 for health insurance. Sheesh, that would be half of my monthly income. Makes me even more grateful for universal healthcare.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I didn't waste my time reading the 5 immigration myths. Don't need to read any of that rhetoric. I will rely on what I pay every month, plus proven facts that EACH illegal costs YOU and ME $70,000 per year.

My medical coverage jumped $500 when Obama care started. This extra money was to pay for Obama care people. I don't think middle class should have to pay for Obama care. If someone can get out of bed then GET A JOB and pay your own way !!!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monarke4 View Post

Do Undocumented Immigrants Overuse Government Benefits?

Do Undocumented Immigrants Overuse Government Benefits? | Econofact

The Truth About Undocumented Immigrants and Taxes

The Truth About Undocumented Immigrants and Taxes - The Atlantic
    Seeing that your first link is to CNN your entire lacks any credibility.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You're both right and wrong on this issue...Illegals get the benefits of sending their kids to schools, hospitals must provide emergency care to anyone regardless of citizenship or insurance, they use our Police, and Fire services w/o paying for these through property taxes like the rest of us. They can also fraudulently get federal and state benefits by presenting falsified documents. The clerks do not have the ability to do the checks needed to prove/disprove their paperwork, so they get approved. Those that don't work under the table pay SSI taxes, but will never be able to claim it. I'm am pro legal immigration as I'm sure I wouldn't be here if someone in my past hadn't decided that America was a better way. I 110% support any laws to prohibit/enforce illegal entry and I also would like to see the laws changed so that children, born to illegals, are not automatically US citizens. I do not support any kind of amnesty for the "who knows how many are here" now. There can be no doubt that this enormous influx of illegals, if not checked, will probably bankrupt many cities, and my tax dollars will need to be used as a bailout. Come in the legal way, find a job, pay your share and enjoy the American way of life...E

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    You're both right and wrong on this issue...Illegals get the benefits of sending their kids to schools, hospitals must provide emergency care to anyone regardless of citizenship or insurance, they use our Police, and Fire services w/o paying for these through property taxes like the rest of us. They can also fraudulently get federal and state benefits by presenting falsified documents. The clerks do not have the ability to do the checks needed to prove/disprove their paperwork, so they get approved. Those that don't work under the table pay SSI taxes, but will never be able to claim it. I'm am pro legal immigration as I'm sure I wouldn't be here if someone in my past hadn't decided that America was a better way. I 110% support any laws to prohibit/enforce illegal entry and I also would like to see the laws changed so that children, born to illegals, are not automatically US citizens. I do not support any kind of amnesty for the "who knows how many are here" now. There can be no doubt that this enormous influx of illegals, if not checked, will probably bankrupt many cities, and my tax dollars will need to be used as a bailout. Come in the legal way, find a job, pay your share and enjoy the American way of life...E
    oo many believe that the ILLEGALS don't get government support.. that is TOTAL BS.. I repaired machines in ALL sorts of government buildings...talk to employees.. and they confirm what we say.
    IF you really want to find out about this CRAP go to a local " Consoule Du Mexico " illegals PAYING to get "document proof" of their 'birth' ( 90% it BS faked info) families pay upwards of 1k for 4 in the family to get their 'papers'
    something has to be done.. no to: chain migration - anchor babies ( only country in the world?) - lottery - amnesty. WE OWE ILLEGALS NOTHING... esp when they come here chanting AGAINST US... carrying flags from the country they left... they can forget about their 50k per "caravan member"
    Come here the right way.. I will support your right TO BE HERE.. not to support you.
    Identification
    Even before the 1920s, when the United States determined which immigrants could legally enter and live in this country by implementing a quota system, there was a preferential treatment given to more affluent immigrants. While passengers whose ticket was for "steerage" or third-class travel had to face a series of entrance requirements that lasted between two and five hours, no such admission tests were given to first- or second-class passengers. Unless these passengers showed evidence of a contagious disease, they were given quick entry to New York City.
    Significance
    Two agencies conducted the inspections and set the requirements for immigrants at Ellis Island. The United States Public Health Service conducted a medical inspection. Then, the Bureau of Immigration made a legal inspection. Together, the two inspections could take up to five hours. Then the immigrant would either be admitted to New York City, interned as an "alien radical" or deported.
    Function
    Immigrants had to pass the medical inspection before being admitted to the country. It started with a trip up three flights of stairs. This would reveal whether the immigrant suffered from any physical disability, lameness, shortness of breath or obvious heart condition. It was followed by what became known as the "six-second physical." Not only did the doctor-inspections want to prevent people who had infectious diseases from entering the country, they also looked for evidence of chronic illness, mental illness and trachoma.
    Considerations
    Immigrants at Ellis Island also had to pass a legal inspection, which was done by means of a series of 29 que stions. Because many of the immigrants did not speak English, the questions were translated into 39 languages. The immigrants were required to answer questions about their name, gender, marital status, occupation, literacy, race and health. They were asked if they had ever been to prison, were polygamists or had ever participated in anarchist activity.

Effects
    Immigrants who entered the United States at Ellis Island were not permitted to remain in the country if they had a contagious disease such as smallpox, yellow fever or the measles. If they were deemed likely to end up needing to receive welfare or otherwise seemed unable to provide for themselves, they would be refused admission. Finally, if they were assessed as likely to become an illegal contract laborer, they would be refused entry. People who seemed to be "alien radicals" were interned. The records of many of the immigrants who entered the country at Ellis Island have become part of its archive. The island is a significant tourist destination

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Apparently you do not live in California.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    oo many believe that the ILLEGALS don't get government support.. that is TOTAL BS.. I repaired machines in ALL sorts of government buildings...talk to employees.. and they confirm what we say.
    IF you really want to find out about this CRAP go to a local " Consoule Du Mexico " illegals PAYING to get "document proof" of their 'birth' ( 90% it BS faked info) families pay upwards of 1k for 4 in the family to get their 'papers'
    something has to be done.. no to: chain migration - anchor babies ( only country in the world?) - lottery - amnesty. WE OWE ILLEGALS NOTHING... esp when they come here chanting AGAINST US... carrying flags from the country they left... they can forget about their 50k per "caravan member"
    Come here the right way.. I will support your right TO BE HERE.. not to support you.
    Identification
    Even before the 1920s, when the United States determined which immigrants could legally enter and live in this country by implementing a quota system, there was a preferential treatment given to more affluent immigrants. While passengers whose ticket was for "steerage" or third-class travel had to face a series of entrance requirements that lasted between two and five hours, no such admission tests were given to first- or second-class passengers. Unless these passengers showed evidence of a contagious disease, they were given quick entry to New York City.
    Significance
    Two agencies conducted the inspections and set the requirements for immigrants at Ellis Island. The United States Public Health Service conducted a medical inspection. Then, the Bureau of Immigration made a legal inspection. Together, the two inspections could take up to five hours. Then the immigrant would either be admitted to New York City, interned as an "alien radical" or deported.
    Function
    Immigrants had to pass the medical inspection before being admitted to the country. It started with a trip up three flights of stairs. This would reveal whether the immigrant suffered from any physical disability, lameness, shortness of breath or obvious heart condition. It was followed by what became known as the "six-second physical." Not only did the doctor-inspections want to prevent people who had infectious diseases from entering the country, they also looked for evidence of chronic illness, mental illness and trachoma.
    Considerations
    Immigrants at Ellis Island also had to pass a legal inspection, which was done by means of a series of 29 que stions. Because many of the immigrants did not speak English, the questions were translated into 39 languages. The immigrants were required to answer questions about their name, gender, marital status, occupation, literacy, race and health. They were asked if they had ever been to prison, were polygamists or had ever participated in anarchist activity.

Effects
    Immigrants who entered the United States at Ellis Island were not permitted to remain in the country if they had a contagious disease such as smallpox, yellow fever or the measles. If they were deemed likely to end up needing to receive welfare or otherwise seemed unable to provide for themselves, they would be refused admission. Finally, if they were assessed as likely to become an illegal contract laborer, they would be refused entry. People who seemed to be "alien radicals" were interned. The records of many of the immigrants who entered the country at Ellis Island have become part of its archive. The island is a significant tourist destination

AMENDMENT XIV

Section 1.
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof,

Unless and until they subject themselves to the laws and culture of the US, they remain subject to deportation.