Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool Re: The Zen of Copiers!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    So what is your specific $ charge if your preferred, large, financially very stable, 3rd party ISP changes something without notice and your copiers do not scan to email any more and you have dozens of customers that are down.

1). TeamViewer to the rescue. You do not have to drive. Actually, every install that I do, I make sure one computer has Teamviewer installed. I pay approx $450.00 per year for one business license for the service. Free TeamViewer times out at about 800 minutes. Then you gotta pay! It has saved me $1,000.00s in travel costs plus convenience and happy customers.
    2). Your customers do not all call at the same time ... a Xmas holiday surprise (no thanks) and lower scan to email volumes (people are on vacation) due to the Xmas holidays.

They are all on cpc hardware contracts. It is not the copier's fault... of course, it works 100% A-OK.

What would you bill per hour$

BSM2, what % of your customers are using Office 365 right now?

I am into installing TeamViewer on at least one computer everywhere that I go.

I use Remote Access with Zoho Assistit's free using chrome, it doesn't install any software on the customer Pc's works with Mac and Windows. There is a paid version that has a few extra features but mostly for PC techs not for copier issue's. I work as independent contractor and don't bill the customer directly. I charge set fee's for remote and onsite visit's. The vendor charges the customer 75.00 for a remote and 125 to 150 for onsite or pay's me without billing customer. Have seen alot of customers on 25% onOffice 365 and Google. I have use free teamviewer in past but the timeout issue was becoming a issue so I switch to Zoho remote

<font size="4">

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The Zen of Copiers!

Re: The Zen of Copiers!

The Zen of copiers includes being able to keep the intricacies of multiple print vendors straight in your head. New models, discontinued models, Service Codes, 3rd party software solutions, Wireless, mobile, IT and networking skills. Win XP to Win 10, Mac iOS. One's head does explode! The good old days of analog copiers! Glory to the non connected paper toaster days!
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 01-12-2019 at 01:15 AM.

The Zen of Copiers!

... until March 31 2019, the Zen of copiers requires avoiding whenever possible, any views or discussions about American politics. Tune it out! Watch comedies, go for a walk in the park, get a new hobby, talk to your friends about sports, get your life back! You will be much happier declining all USA political discussions.

Shunryu Suzuki
    “The art of living... is neither careless drifting on the one hand nor fearful clinging to the past on the other. It consists in being sensitive to each moment, in regarding it as utterly new and unique, in having the mind open and wholly receptive.”

The Zen of Copiers!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The Zen of copiers includes being able to keep the intricacies of multiple print vendors straight in your head. New models, discontinued models, Service Codes, 3rd party software solutions, Wireless, mobile, IT and networking skills. Win XP to Win 10, Mac iOS. One's head does explode! The good old days of analog copiers! Glory to the non connected paper toaster days!
    I sold way more $ in analog copiers than today. The products that I sell and support in 2019 are way, way, way more complicated. The new box is more reliable but there can be a lot of other stuff to support. In 2019, copier RFPs can written in little ways that can eliminate vendors. Beware of new Surge Suppressors and OCR cost.

The Zen of Copiers!

Buddha-San! You are a high value employee with skills that are difficult to replace. Therefore, you are worth more to your employer or (threat, your competitor's employer).

You need to start a plan to command a pay raise! No one else is going to do it for you. Just ask, if you fail, ask again in three months and let your employer know how much they would have been f...ked if you were not there.

Your employer does not hold all of the cards!

You are a Jedi warrior in 2019! Your skills are totally valuable and cannot be easily replaced.