Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Smoking?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Smoking?

Just thought i would pop in and pass along some encouragement tot he ones still struggling with quitting smoking. It can be done and just keep up the efforts you all can do it. Don't let the struggle get you down . I know it is tough and there are going to be days when the "I only want one to get rid of the shakes" will strike. But pick up a book or even turn on the radio to see if you can find some good old dance to music and then dance away the urge.
    Good luck and keep up the fight you all can do it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Glad you are hold strong.
    Started collecting hiking gear a month or so ago. The decent stuff is expensive so its going slow!
    Where about?
    I have been slowly hiking the Appalachian Trail for a few years now, I go twice a year and have almost made TN, from Amicola Falls. Going to try my local Fl Trail in the Ocala area. Might be a little hot, but I can shave quite a few pounds of my base weight w/o sleeping bag, cold gear, extra clothes ect..and less food since it's only a weekend. I only hammock these days as the ground seems to get harder the older I get.

That is some hardcore stuff. Would love to see how nature looks around there.

Was busy collecting hiking stuff until fishing got my attention...
    My hammock arrived yesterday but there was a small hole in the pouch so it will go back.
    Can't find a good tarpoline around here yet.

Clean from smoking for more than 2 months now! Live changing stuff.
    Just tired all the time and will eat the tyres off of my car.
    Left coffee too...
    Whatever

For a Fl boy the At is tough..I can hike 10 miles around here and get maybe 10 ft in elevation..The AT mountains kick my ass every time..I have a Hennessy tarp, Ozark Mountain hammock, a 30 degree bag that I can use as a mummy pod and a bug net. It took a little while, but now I can jump in and sleep 8 hours straight. Adding a small pillow really helped me figure out how to sleep well in a hammock. I don't purposely camp in winter, but I have had a few upper 20s nights and my system has kept me quite warm and dry

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Clean from smoking for more than 2 months now! Live changing stuff.
    Just tired all the time and will eat the tyres off of my car.
    Left coffee too...
    Well, we are right behind you.
    As I think I posted earlier, both my mum and dad were longtime smokers until they were shaken by the death of a neighbour and that was what they needed.
    Neither of my parents ever regretted that decision.

Probably put 20 years back onto their life expectancy. Food tastes better, activity is easier, money saved, better outlook. The benefits are endless, but when the craving strikes, I know they all seem rather distant and irrelevant.

All I can say is there will come a time (and soon) when you thank God in the heavens that you made this commitment and saw it through.
    We're rooting for you.

Leave coffee?? That's just crazy talk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skelband View Post
    Well, we are right behind you.
    As I think I posted earlier, both my mum and dad were longtime smokers until they were shaken by the death of a neighbour and that was what they needed.
    Neither of my parents ever regretted that decision.

Probably put 20 years back onto their life expectancy. Food tastes better, activity is easier, money saved, better outlook. The benefits are endless, but when the craving strikes, I know they all seem rather distant and irrelevant.

All I can say is there will come a time (and soon) when you thank God in the heavens that you made this commitment and saw it through.
    We're rooting for you.
    Started with a dream where Yahweh showed me what would happen to me if i choose to continue.
    Thanks for your support!

Still going strong and now really appreciating the changes. Find myself intentional focusing on my breathing from time to time and enjoying it!

Yes the coffee needed to go, my restless leg syndrome is gone completely sleeping like a rock for a change. From 4 cups of the best freshly grinded beans every day to almost none. Found that i am now drinking more clean water.
    Will still once a week go and sit down somewhere to get served a cup like it should be.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Smoking?

Ok, I have gone 3 days now without a cigarette. I am vaping, and it seems to be working. I have no desire to smoke at the moment, and I have not smashed anybodys face in yet from being too crabby. I hope it sticks this time.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Ok, I have gone 3 days now without a cigarette. I am vaping, and it seems to be working. I have no desire to smoke at the moment, and I have not smashed anybodys face in yet from being too crabby. I hope it sticks this time.
    Congrats on deciding to quit, and not smashing in faces.
    I hate having something control me. So when I quit three years ago I had a mantra of "You won't control me again". It helped during the first tough couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Great stuff. Make sure you don't run out of battery...
    What nicotine strength are you using?

Just the vape liquid did it for me no vaping.
    Whatever