Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    COPIER DESTRUCTION!

COPIER DESTRUCTION!

I disposed today of a KM223 produced in 2010. After figuring out how to separate the Ped from the mainframe I was easily able to push it into my minivan. When I was at the metal recycler, I just pushed it off the back of the minivan.50 lbs of effort maybe. $125.00 fee to the customer. Thank you. Invoice to me $0.00 (very fortunate).

I forgot to take a picture of the machine that destroyed my poor Konica Minolta copier. Au revoir, mon ami (not)!

I have a couple of more destructions lined up soon. So pictures soon! Share your copier destruction procedure & pictures here!

... and 100%, I support the environmentally proper method to dispose of end of life copiers and empty consumable containers.

Where I work, the recycled empty toner containers are shipped back to several national collection points and turned into liquid fuel (plastic came from oil and it is better than being put in the ground). Some places like to say they shred into plastic pellets and repurpose.

With China closing imports of all foreign recycled products (usually burned), (in a responsible move to protect their industrially savaged environment, for the classically, current bad behaviour, short sighted, very greedy sake of economic growth), the rest of the world is now shipping their recyclables to the Philippines. The Philippines are making lots of money but their environment is quickly becoming alarmingly, toxically, overwhelmed.

Forgetting global politics, the natural world that we all live on is fast becoming overwhelmed by human activity. I strongly fear, in our life time, that it will not end well. Maybe not where I live (Nova Scotia) but somewhere else in the world. Your children's and grand children's environment will definitely change in not a good way. There are many signs it is starting to happen now!

COPIER DESTRUCTION! Share Your procedures and PICs! Have fun with it!!! Use your cell phone camera!
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 01-12-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    COPIER DESTRUCTION!

Re: COPIER DESTRUCTION!

We do not destroy the bizhub 223/363/423 series because they are really good machines. We rent them to our customers and 95% continue to use them. They have enough Bells & Whistles to be of good use. Only thing one is missing is double sided scanning and also the automatic removal of blank pages when scanning.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

COPIER DESTRUCTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    We do not destroy the bizhub 223/363/423 series because they are really good machines. We rent them to our customers and 95% continue to use them. They have enough Bells & Whistles to be of good use. Only thing one is missing is double sided scanning and also the automatic removal of blank pages when scanning.

Hans
    Coolio!

I destroyed one today by installing a used Toshiba e257 (55k clicks).

The KM lacked many 2019 features in a 2019 medical environment. The customer was thrilled by the new features like Forms Storage plus I can make more money to configure scan to network folder. Yea $125.00 per hour profit.

Really, the brand did not manner. I can sell Swiss Cheese to Eskimos!

I regret not taking pics of the destruction bit. It was definitely an iconic high height Caterpillar two claw machine drop from 12 feet into a metal dumpster.

I am pumped for the next drop and will coordinate with the machine operator for a case of beer! Of course, it will be staged for the maximum visual impact. A fun event! Make the same fun for you! The brand does not matter!

I promote HDD destruction events with my customers. They have fun hammering on a removed HDD in the lunch room with a hammer. It is fun for them! Bring safety glasses.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 01-12-2019 at 07:22 AM.

COPIER DESTRUCTION!

Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 01-12-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The ones getting destroyed at my job are dirty ass running ricohs & savins!!! The 3 series konica-minoltas are lifesavers, since we can do a service exchange and swap out ricoh-savins and keep the customer happy!!!COPIER DESTRUCTION!COPIER DESTRUCTION!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

COPIER DESTRUCTION!

Have you been witness to a copier destruction (high height, Caterpillar machine drop into a metal recycling dumpster)?

Are 3 Series KM machines current product or refurb?

COPIER DESTRUCTION!

I have posted this on forum before. Here is the ultimate in copier destruction:

YouTube

COPIER DESTRUCTION!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Are 3 Series KM machines current product or refurb?
    Refurb, we get bizhub 363/423 series from a wholesaler and refurb and modify them. Than they run for ages.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

We run those 223 machines up to 2Mil. Easy machines!

Use to carry machines up to the 2nd floor balcony drop them from there into the court yard for some revenge and fun before driving them of to the scrap yard.
    Whatever

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    COPIER DESTRUCTION!

Unhappy No Pivs but...

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I disposed today of a KM223 produced in 2010. After figuring out how to separate the Ped from the mainframe I was easily able to push it into my minivan. When I was at the metal recycler, I just pushed it off the back of the minivan.50 lbs of effort maybe. $125.00 fee to the customer. Thank you. Invoice to me $0.00 (very fortunate).
    I forgot to take a picture of the machine that destroyed my poor Konica Minolta copier. Au revoir, mon ami (not)!
    I have a couple of more destructions lined up soon. So pictures soon! Share your copier destruction procedure & pictures here!
    ... and 100%, I support the environmentally proper method to dispose of end of life copiers and empty consumable containers.
    Where I work, the recycled empty toner containers are shipped back to several national collection points and turned into liquid fuel (plastic came from oil and it is better than being put in the ground). Some places like to say they shred into plastic pellets and repurpose.
    With China closing imports of all foreign recycled products (usually burned), (in a responsible move to protect their industrially savaged environment, for the classically, current bad behaviour, short sighted, very greedy sake of economic growth), the rest of the world is now shipping their recyclables to the Philippines. The Philippines are making lots of money but their environment is quickly becoming alarmingly, toxically, overwhelmed.
    Forgetting global politics, the natural world that we all live on is fast becoming overwhelmed by human activity. I strongly fear, in our life time, that it will not end well. Maybe not where I live (Nova Scotia) but somewhere else in the world. Your children's and grand children's environment will definitely change in not a good way. There are many signs it is starting to happen now!
    COPIER DESTRUCTION! Share Your procedures and PICs! Have fun with it!!! Use your cell phone camera!
    well a decade ago.. here in the states at a SHOW.. we had our sales booth with a tech to lend advise..
    but apart from that.. we had a big blue tarp on the ground..and an old 'trasher' unit pulled out on it.
    For a usd$1 one WHACK w/ an aluminum bat.. $5 bought you 10 whacks..all $$ went to OUR choice of charity.. " Colon Cancer Research " ** Big Guy Boss ** was dying from it.. that was June '04 $7480 raised.. John Passed in 1/12/05 RIP JC!

third day we had to resort to PRINTERS!