Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How Cheap is Your Company?

Re: How Cheap is Your Company?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    why do you need white out? have you used all the eraser on your pencil?
    Haven't got one, pencils with erasers on the end cost more.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

We have to raid customers bathrooms for C-Fold paper towels .

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Using recycled rags to clean/service machines, instead of using tear off's from a larger roll of Chux(dish wipes).

I would go an buy my own larger rolls of Chux by the carton, four x rolls to a carton.
    The Boss wasn't overly happy about it, but he never paid for the Chux so he couldn't whinge.

True...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Haven't got one, pencils with erasers on the end cost more.
    they didn't afford me the luxury of PENS. Hell.. I had to use MY PERSONAL Lapper since THEIRS crapped out after 4 months (yeah 2nd hand no warranty) but no longer tied to their chains!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Using recycled rags to clean/service machines, instead of using tear off's from a larger roll of Chux(dish wipes).
    I would go an buy my own larger rolls of Chux by the carton, four x rolls to a carton.
    The Boss wasn't overly happy about it, but he never paid for the Chux so he couldn't whinge. True...
    oh was it those 'uniform' service towels? or the red/blue grease rags you buy at Walmart? Boss took them home to wash.. his wife BITCHED about the grease n toner in their personal washer.. hehehe hahah bwahahaha Wonder how "THAT HAPPENED?"

Karma's a BIOTCH!

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

After working around copiers and such for so long, I loath whiteout and paperclips and staples.

As far as office supplies go, I only carry a pen and keep clipped to my pocket( a Pilot G2 .07 black specifically). I buy them my self and seldom lend them off. All others go in the trash or magically walk away.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Previous company I worked at. I was issued tools that a previous retiring tech used for probably 30 years with the company. I had been using these tools for about 10 years, and the owner went out on a call with me. After the call we got back into the van and he told me "those tools look worn out, you need to take better care of them, or I'm gonna bill you for them" I about flipped a nut. I told him to keep his fritten tools, I have been using my own tools for more than 20 years now. I want nothing to do with company tools. The only company tools I use are specialty tools that you can't find at the local hardware store. If mine get worn, I replace them and don't have to beg for new ones like the other techs.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    oh was it those 'uniform' service towels? or the red/blue grease rags you buy at Walmart? Boss took them home to wash.. his wife BITCHED about the grease n toner in their personal washer.. hehehe hahah bwahahaha Wonder how "THAT HAPPENED?"

Karma's a BIOTCH!
    RE. Recycled rags.

Whaaaat.....the boss purchased from commercial Walmart, No! Try the local volunteer Salvation Army Op-shop.

We nickname the boss Titus ..."Titus A'fishas".

The Boss was a half decent bloke outside of work hours. His business sense was just a little out of tune.

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    Previous company I worked at. I was issued tools that a previous retiring tech used for probably 30 years with the company. I had been using these tools for about 10 years, and the owner went out on a call with me. After the call we got back into the van and he told me "those tools look worn out, you need to take better care of them, or I'm gonna bill you for them" I about flipped a nut. I told him to keep his fritten tools, I have been using my own tools for more than 20 years now. I want nothing to do with company tools. The only company tools I use are specialty tools that you can't find at the local hardware store. If mine get worn, I replace them and don't have to beg for new ones like the other techs.
    As a Tradie, I buy and maintain my own tools and tool cases. No whinging from others that way.

Re. Borrowed tools.
    If you break my gear or loose it you pay for a new one. Otherwise I will hen peck you to death.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    RE. Recycled rags.

Whaaaat.....the boss purchased from commercial Walmart, No! Try the local volunteer Salvation Army Op-shop.

We nickname the boss Titus ..."Titus A'fishas".

The Boss was a half decent bloke outside of work hours. His business sense was just a little out of tune.
    You must realize.. my boss is ALL about that $. Even if it costs him five. He underpays... over expects " come over to my Saturday..bring your chainsaw" did that once.. no pay.. no thanks.. no food.. no gas. No more. He would rather wait till company cars/Van breaks down.. then bitches about repair bill. Hell at one time I had to use their ole rags from home for service! Till a lady called asking why i was using an ole tea towel to clean machines! He also had a cow when i ordered yellow " stretch n dust " cloths.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk