Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    what does your trunk stock look like

Re: what does your trunk stock look like

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    We carry our tool case, when scheduling in the morning, all calls are figured out before going on the road, take only what is needed or what might be needed. generally 6-8 call's daily, nothing more than 30 miles away, can easily come back to shop and get anything else that is needed( If picking up an other call) nothing like it used to be, 30+ years ago, full stock, PM kits, rollers, some pwb's, and take inventory at end of week. Went on my own 31 years ago, you change procedures, ways of doing thing's. Do the KISS rule.
    you are living the dream...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It's easier to list the ones I haven't worked on: Never Oce' or Xerox.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Oh yea another thing I don't miss is all those years working for companies was having to do car stock inventory. Hated that.

The monthly Friday night meetings were cool. Beer and pizza. Use to put ice in the plastic storage drawer of an EP series (old time Kon/Min guys know what I'm talking about). It was perfect as a cooler Not going to see a company now a days giving their employees beer, everyone is afraid of getting sued!

Think I've worked on every brand including Xerox early on. Think I posted on this forum before that back in the day I wouldn't turn away any business. Show up with my trusty Intrivia manual and learn hands on!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    ... The monthly Friday night meetings were cool. Beer and pizza. Use to put ice in the plastic storage drawer of an EP series (old time Kon/Min guys know what I'm talking about). It was perfect as a cooler Not going to see a company now a days giving their employees beer, everyone is afraid of getting sued! ...
    About once a month the boss showed up with 2 cases of beer, and we did refurbs, running from Friday night until noon Saturday. We could refurb (4) Mita DC-313Z's in that time. Naturally the efficiency and quality of the work tended to taper off as the time progressed and the alcohol disappeared. By Saturday morning two guys were snoring on the floor.

Good Times! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

I have the van always empty, except of course when time to transport spare parts.
    I manage KM. Sometimes I carry an aspirator to avoid feeling guilty but hardly have I found a dirty printer.
    With CSRC and monitoring tools, I can organize myself for consumables and order them in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I've got a minivan ('06 Chevy Venture) that has all the seats removed (except driver and front passenger), and it's filled halfway to the top from front to back. I service only Ricoh (many models), and our service area is fairly large, so on any given day I could have 3 - 6 calls, but they could all be 30-80 miles from home, and some of those calls might not come in until after I've gotten on the road (so predicting what machines might need what in the morning isn't always an option). Carrying tens of thousands of dollars of stock at any given time might seem crazy to some, but it's been a time saver and money saver in the long run, always have what you need no matter where you are, and fewer "return visits" for not having the part on hand.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Ideally my car stock would be two cases of beer
    But I guess it depends on what service coverage area you have and how many brands/models tech service. I really like the idea to have truck stuffed(always outnumbered, never outgunned) but that would empty most of our parts stock.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Pretty much carry nothing... I have maybe a set of rollers for the 4 series bizhubs. A few odds and ends still left maybe. Most time we are all close enough to comeback to the office for something if needed. We generally have our calls planned out day before and stuff is waiting for us to take on the road for the calls.

Gone are the days when we needed all kinds of stuff, although, it was nice having something you knew would likely need and didn't have to order it. The worse was Kyocera parts, huge boxes full of parts and cardboard. We do a car stock inventory check once maybe twice a year. That list does gets smaller and smaller each time.
    Last edited by CompyTech; 04-29-2019 at 10:04 PM.