Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    25% Copier/ Printers Tariffs in the USA begin Friday May 10 2019 12:01 AM.

Re: 25% Copier/ Printers Tariffs in the USA begin Friday May 10 2019 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Just because you need to add a spoon less sugar in your coffee does not equate to suffering.
    We have fallen away to decadence and we think these everyday consumeristic luxuries have become a right.
    Its the magnet stuck to your compass.
    That's what the people who implement these hardships on the less fortunate say, as they know it won't affect themselves.
    They take the money from the ones least able to give it while they hire accountants to get them out of paying their share of taxes.
    Last edited by copier addict; 05-17-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I have a couple of Toshiba parts right in front of me.

Sensor - Made in Malaysia
    Sensor - Made in Korea
    Developer - Made in China
    Feed Rollers - Made in China
    Imaging Drum - Made in China
    Fuser Roller - Made in China
    Toner- Made in the USA

Obviously copier parts are made in many countries around the world and there is the real risk that the cost of some copier/ printer parts will soon increase negatively effecting profitability from the Service Dept.

From a sales point of view, all inclusive cpc rates might soon be forced to increase on new multi year contract commitments.
    It is important to note that the parts going into a new machine will hopefully last many months before they require replacement.
    I suspect most copier manufactures will have figured out a way to reroute their supply chains by then to avoid paying tariffs.
    Probably the two biggest expenses in a cpc contract are toner and labour.
    Labour is obviously not subject to tariffs. Possible toner tariffs depends on where it is manufactured.
    Maybe there will not be much of a hit at all on new machine cpc contracts.
    On the flip side, used machines are definitely at risk of increased parts costs in the USA.

It is important to note that the parts going into a new machine will hopefully last many months before they require replacement.
    I suspect most copier manufactures will have figured out a way to reroute their supply chains by then to avoid paying tariffs.
    Probably the two biggest expenses in a cpc contract are toner and labour.
    Labour is obviously not subject to tariffs. Possible toner tariffs depends on where it is manufactured.
    Maybe there will not be much of a hit at all on new machine cpc contracts.
    On the flip side, used machines are definitely at risk of increased parts costs in the USA.
    New contract can be adjusted to counter increase in machine costs, toner and parts. However .....
    Service contracts are usually set a fix rate for one year, so any increase in toner, parts, etc..... the dealer is going to have to eat. Meaning the OWNER will be looking at cutting any other cost, using NON OEM parts , cutting employees, raises, and bonus BYE BYE! Who say's TRUMPO won't raise them even more?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    That's what the people who implement these hardships on the less fortunate say, as they know it won't affect themselves.
    They take the money from the ones least able to give it while they hire accountants to get them out of paying their share of taxes.
    Its all about knowledge and the lack of it.
    "less fortunate" That is a state of mind.
    There are guys in this world that comes from a street corner but has worked there way "up".
    You take that same guy and strip him of everything and put him back on that corner he is not going to stay there long.
    Now the next guy would look at this guy while he is in his prime and complain about his privilege.

We want this amazing government that does great things for us.

1 Sam 8:1-18
    Whatever

In a welcome move to prove that it is possible to discontinue tariffs, the USA, Canada & Mexico announced today the dropping off all steel and aluminum tariffs against each other by this weekend.

Canada, U.S. reach deal to lift steel and aluminum tariffs within 2 days | CBC News

One of President Trump's key initiatives was the signing of the new North American free trade agreement. After constant talks with Canada, Mexico and members of the US Senate and Congress that the trade agreement would not be ratified unless the tariffs were dropped, the President saw the light and agreed to drop all the tariffs that he imposed.

In a welcome move to prove that it is possible to discontinue tariffs, the USA, Canada & Mexico announced today the dropping off all steel and aluminum tariffs against each other by this weekend.

Canada, U.S. reach deal to lift steel and aluminum tariffs within 2 days | CBC News

One of President Trump's key initiatives was the signing of the new North American free trade agreement. After constant talks with Canada, Mexico and members of the US Senate and Congress that the trade agreement would not be ratified unless the tariffs were dropped, the President saw the light and agreed to drop all the tariffs that he imposed.

Only ONE problem! NOBODY but Trump likes the DEAL! Neither the HOUSE or Senate will pass it.

I predict 90% you are wrong!

The USA needs to pass the USMCA ( the new NAFTA) as fast as possible to focus on the Trade war with China.

BTW (by the way) the Trump tariffs on China are the largest tax increase on American consumers since 1993.

Trump'''s tariffs equivalent to one of the largest tax hikes in decades

I think you need to dial back you dislike of Trump just a little bit. He is despicable (Hello Hillary) but he occasionally gets a few things (not many) somewhat to partially right.

I am somewhat with Trump on the tariffs but I think it could have been packaged and thought out much better when presented on the global stage.

1,000 Trump wrongs do not make up for a very few Trump things right.

I know the Trump defence is the roaring US economy but it has not lifted all citizens equally and gutted many benefits for low income citizens.

President Obama was much better at thinking ahead like a chess match. Obama was know to say to his advisors, I can do this now but what are the consequences foreseen and unknown three moves in advance.

I wonder if Trump ever played Chess?
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 05-18-2019 at 05:53 AM.

This South African man has lived in China for more than ten years.

I highly value his opinions on China.

YouTube

He correctly points out that China has benefited enormously by near free shipping subsidies rebated back to the Universal Postal Union.

Universal Postal Union - Wikipedia

These subsidies were originally designed to support growing 3rd world countries and promote democracy.

President Trump correctly identified these subsidies as China being taken advantage of by China. As a result the USA has declared

"On October 17, 2018, the United States has declared its withdrawal from the UPU, effective October 17, 2019, with the US planning to switch to self-declared rates."

I learned about these postal subsidies when I unknowingly purchase some clothing from China at a very low cost.. It took a while for the goods to arrive but it bothered me how could you possibly ship goods all the way from China that cheap. The quality of the goods was good but I will not buy anything knowingly directly from China again. Amazon is definitely guilty of taking advantage of this subsidy.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

This South African man has lived in China for more than ten years.

I highly value his opinions on China.

YouTube

He correctly points out that China has benefited enormously by near free shipping subsidies rebated back to the Universal Postal Union.

Universal Postal Union - Wikipedia

These subsidies were originally designed to support growing 3rd world countries and promote democracy.

President Trump correctly identified these subsidies as China being taken advantage of by China. As a result the USA has declared

"On October 17, 2018, the United States has declared its withdrawal from the UPU, effective October 17, 2019, with the US planning to switch to self-declared rates."

I learned about these postal subsidies when I unknowingly purchase some clothing from China at a very low cost.. It took a while for the goods to arrive but it bothered me how could you possibly ship goods all the way from China that cheap. The quality of the goods was good but I will not buy anything knowingly directly from China again. Amazon is definitely guilty of taking advantage of this subsidy.
    I try to avoid buying anything made in China. It is impossible to avoid it completely, but if there is an alternative I will buy it even if it costs more.
    I definitely will NOT buy any food from China. It just kinda seems unsafe to me.

I predict 90% you are wrong!

The USA needs to pass the USMCA ( the new NAFTA) as fast as possible to focus on the Trade war with China.

BTW (by the way) the Trump tariffs on China are the largest tax increase on American consumers since 1993.

Trump'''s tariffs equivalent to one of the largest tax hikes in decades

I think you need to dial back you dislike of Trump just a little bit. He is despicable (Hello Hillary) but he occasionally gets a few things (not many) somewhat to partially right.

I am somewhat with Trump on the tariffs but I think it could have been packaged and thought out much better when presented on the global stage.

1,000 Trump wrongs do not make up for a very few Trump things right.

I know the Trump defence is the roaring US economy but it has not lifted all citizens equally and gutted many benefits for low income citizens.

President Obama was much better at thinking ahead like a chess match. Obama was know to say to his advisors, I can do this now but what are the consequences foreseen and unknown three moves in advance.

I wonder if Trump ever played Chess?

Yep TRUMP needs a WIN! However his ART of DEAL, IE hit you over the head with hammer tactics DON'T work any more. With Trump ONLY 612 Days in office look for all MOST ZERO getting done as the HOUSE will not likely PASS anything by TRUMP. CHINA the same will happen CHINA will wait until next election to deal with the next President. Like you said it's Chess.
    Last edited by bsm2; 05-18-2019 at 01:23 PM.