Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mjarbar
    We tend to have meetings every 3 months or so and usually end up having breakfast courtesy of the management, and usually it is quite productive as our engineers have been able to get our sales people to do the required paperwork when and how we like, we have also got the sales people to work more closely with the service dept. as it is the engineers that go to the customers more often and so are better able to see and understand what the customers requirements really are.

So on the whole I'd say they are worth it, so long as everyone listens to what everyone says.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    ...usually it is quite productive as our engineers have been able to get our sales people to do the required paperwork when and how we like...
    Does this also require torture or blunt head trauma?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Service Meetings? Is your time worth it?

Service Meetings? Is your time worth it?

I believe there is no substitute for training. As a Service Manager, I NEVER let sales people control the meeting. It is a SERVICE meeting for service personal, not sales. SALES people are NOT invited to my meetings, nor is management, but I will permit anyone to observe (including customers on occasion). I assign 1 technician per week to do a verbal report on one of the following (15-20 min): 1) problem noticed with machine and solution found, 2) new product, training, or feature in industry, & 3) customer service technique or procedure to follow. I occasionally allow a billing person time to explain or address problems with filling out workorders clearly with sufficient info or a sales person to address a problem (but the techs have input on how the problem can be resolved). I follow-up with items of importance I feel need to be addressed and resolve problems that happened during the week. Total time 1 hour - but a PRODUCTIVE not a waste your time meeting.
    Last edited by prntrfxr; 10-15-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: put it in signature
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

mjarbar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    Does this also require torture or blunt head trauma?
    No we just send them pieces of their car to them through the post!!!