Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: And the correct response is....

You can only begin to imagine the comments I've had being a female technician, this is my favourite, with my actual response.

Many years ago I had a Xerox (probably 5028) with a regular DF problem. I can't remember the fault, but it used to happen once every few days, and a reboot sorted it. A colleague and I had pretty much replaced every sensor and board in the DF, so now the only obvious part left to replace was the wiring harness. So, there I was working on the copier with what looked like a mass of spaghetti falling out of the top (I didn't realise I didn't have to remove each and every tie wrap) when one of the top managers walked in. He looked at me and asked if I knew what I was doing, a question he would undoubtedly not have asked a man!!! So I looked at him and told him that I thought I'd been thrown in the deep end as I'd only been with the company a week, and this was my first call on my own.
    The look on his face was priceless as he walked out of the office, the women in that office thought it was hilarious, and that it served him right.
    Oh, and that fixed the problem too
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    And the correct response is....

Re: And the correct response is....

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    You can only begin to imagine the comments I've had being a female technician, this is my favourite, with my actual response.

Many years ago I had a Xerox (probably 5028) with a regular DF problem. I can't remember the fault, but it used to happen once every few days, and a reboot sorted it. A colleague and I had pretty much replaced every sensor and board in the DF, so now the only obvious part left to replace was the wiring harness. So, there I was working on the copier with what looked like a mass of spaghetti falling out of the top (I didn't realise I didn't have to remove each and every tie wrap) when one of the top managers walked in. He looked at me and asked if I knew what I was doing, a question he would undoubtedly not have asked a man!!! So I looked at him and told him that I thought I'd been thrown in the deep end as I'd only been with the company a week, and this was my first call on my own.
    The look on his face was priceless as he walked out of the office, the women in that office thought it was hilarious, and that it served him right.
    Oh, and that fixed the problem too
    PRICELESS!!!