Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIP

TIP

Hey techs, do you receive tips (like cash of any amount) from your clients after doing service?
    - Here in my area, it's very, very seldom..

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Never, not once. Not even an offer. Are we talking a lot? Enough to by lunch?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TIP

occasionally bite to eat at one of our restaurant accounts or a cup of coffee but NEVER CASH. Back in the day you could get a drink during an office Christmas party but that was only once a year and those days are long gone.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    for me when I am going out station its a many time I ve given a tips.
    after the problem are solved then they will hand over.even they already pay for the company i work.

OMD-227
    Never cash.
    I get plenty of other items though.....
    Christmas time is a goldmine around here.... clients always giving away stuff. Got many presents last year.
    Have many clients who make Home-Brew or Wine.... usually get several bottles each visit.
    Almost all places offer a coffee and something to eat. If I time it right, I can get to some clients at their morning tea break.... food and drinks everywhere!!!
    Got a full Mudcake at a school today to take home, that was great!!
    Get many discount vouchers to use in their shops, when at their Head Office on a call.
    See guys.... It pays to be nice to the clients.... they will remember you!!
    Ha Ha!!! I love what I do!! Not an ass-kisser, just doing my work, while being professional & nice.

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    It would be odd to either offer or receive a tip in this profession. Gratuities are offered when a personal service is rendered. Someone carried your bag or your groceries, brought you your food to your table, fixed up your hair, trimmed your toe nails, etc ...

I have never been offered a tip in this business. However, when I was a pizza delivery person I made a killing in tips.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    TIP

Back in the day when I worked for Unisys and HP I used to get a lot of tips from home customer's, people where I replaced a motherboard or HD or something to get them back up and running. Even in the poorer areas like the Bronx, I used to get tons of tips between $5 and $20. Anytime a service person comes to my house to do something I always not only tip them, but offer them a drink (non-alcoholic) or a snack, I offer to put the tunes on, whatever I can do to make their job easier.
    In another lifetime when I was a Plumber, I wish I had a nickel for every house I went into where I was all sweaty or hot and the customer never offered me a drink. I could've retired by now.
    People just don't think.

Paul@manuals4you.com

tips ..................tips ............hmmmmmmmmm

Well now that I think about it .............yes we gotten some tips !
    Usually choclate.................
    It was funny though when my minor son came dragging home a very nice bottle of wine from a client ......... for me of coarse ..........
    So ................. a plumber huh ?????? now I know the rest of the story !
    [ sorry Paul Harvey ]
    BTW ........... land of chocolate ........... send chocolate ..........
    Let's all be safe out there !

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Lets see, my best hook up came from retention guys, the ones who talk you into reenlisting in the army when your time is up. They have lot's of goodies. I got my best haul from pointing to the really nice embroidered polo style shirt I was wearing, that one office had given me, while in the office of another enlistment officer. Not to be outdone, the guy goes to his storage and returns with a huge gym bag filled with a sweatshirt, a three season coat, two tee shirts, golf shirt, hat, ink pens and coffee cup.
    At the start of a new contract one year, I had a unit begging for a new copier. I told the commander I would get him the first machine off the truck, and a week later he had a half gallon of tequila waiting for me.
    I have a leather pistol holster that Special Forces had made in Kabul, a pentagon shaped coin made after 9-11, lots of coins and pins and other small stuff. No cash .
    Best one was a sergant major I was friends with, "made up an award for my copy repair service" had his commander sign it, mounted it to a nice wooden frame and mailed it to my boss. I had no knowledge of it, but got big points at the shop.

E Winter
    I only have a few clients who give me a tip - guess that's just not ususal if you are working with non-private clients. Whatever - I'm happy as long as I get my coffee