Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts

Canon???? Service????????? Ha

SERVICE??????????

WE keep getting their junior tech's
    and I have to "take over" on the common sense fix.

Its just crazy what you get as "service" these days.

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 500+ Posts
    Canon???? Service?????????  Ha

Canon service

Hello,

I can't speak for Canon or their techs as to the level of training and service, but I do agree with you from my experience of dealing with machines we have taken over from them because the customer is unhappy with them (although this is not often).

From personnel experience I have found the machines to be grubby with basic things that should be cleaned during a service looking as though they haven't been touched, parts have been replaced but the corresponding service counters haven't been cleared as they should and the general appearance on the whole inadequate, and as such casts a bad image on Canon machines as a whole, which in fact - in my opinion - are the dogs private parts, as they are stable, offer a wide range of options and the colour reproduction is practically industry standard.

Thinking about this, it may be because Canon and other direct service suppliers like Ricoh etc are such large companies, that they loose touch with the 'engineer in the street' and so loose out on the quality control that is the benchmark of any company.

Does anybody else have any thoughts???
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

I agree with company's are too big, they forget about the small dealer who made them. The small dealer gets the shaft has to pay more for machines, parts and supplies. They are forcing the small dealer out of business!!! I"ll work at McDonalds before working for corprate, at least I know my job is safe. Everyone needs food!!

Mjrbar.....worse than that Canon is driving US out of business!!

The 3 coipers Canon put on our floor in the first year......
    The 4570 was replaced 3x
    The C1 2x.....and the c1 had the drum replaced at 20k
    and now again may need it

IN the first year we did a study on revenew lost on just the 2 copiers

30% waste on the color
    18% waste on the B/w

35K$ lost in the 1st year alone and Canon gave us a credit of less than 2K

Bad Bad BAd

Mjrbar.....worse than that Canon is driving US out of business!!

The 3 copiers Canon put on our floor in the first year......
    The 4570 was replaced 3x
    The C1 2x.....and the c1 had the drum replaced at 20k
    and now again may need it

IN the first year we did a study on revenew lost on just the 2 copiers

30% waste on the color
    18% waste on the B/w

35K$ lost in the 1st year alone and Canon gave us a credit of less than 2K

Bad Bad Bad

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    machines to be grubby with basic things that should be cleaned during a service looking as though they haven't been touched, parts have been replaced but the corresponding service counters haven't been cleared as they should and the general appearance on the whole inadequate, and as such casts a bad image on Canon machines as a whole

Does anybody else have any thoughts???

Same old bean counter mentallity that most big companies have in this industry:
    Penalize techs for going the extra mile (because they might not get as many calls done in a day, plus time on call rate). Penalize techs for replacing needed parts on a regular basis (hurts the bottom line profit margin). Techs are forced into the "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" mentality. Etc, etc. And eventually, something has to give. Unfortunately it's usually the customer (consumer) that suffers.

As with current financial crisis, corporate execs will run a company into the ground just to show good numbers, so they can get their fat bonuses.

Regards

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Personally I do not think it is the 'bean counting' or 'corporate' mentality that hurts service. It is the technician. MIND YOU THIS IS MY OPINION so don't go a blasting the hell out of me just yet.

I work for Toshiba, a subsidiary, and when I take over accounts from some of my other co-workers I often see the same shoddy work that has been described so far. The thing is, myself and many other of us work for the exact same people out of the exact same office, yet our machines are pretty much PM to PM and clean in between. Everything done to factory specifications. Some techs get lazy, or complacent and just don't give a crap. There is not a single benchmark that cannot be exceeded simply by doing the job correctly.

Perhaps some companies make benchmarks unattainable, but not ours. If you run across a crappy machine you can bet it was serviced by a lazy or otherwise crappy technician; or a company that does not know how to manage their service department ... and I can assure your that the service department I work out of is world class.

Baphomet - I agree with you totally, and you made the point better than I did.

At the end of the day it is the collective responsability of the company in question, the service dept of that company as a whole, and the individual tech to ensure that good service is given in terms of the condition of the machine and also back up the customers requirements, whether it be training, support in general or whatever, and in Penvy's case has resulted in real problems that should never have happened in the first place. As a result anyother company going into him selling a Canon is going to have to work their nuts off to get the business regardless of that companies track record.

We all know that as long as it can be justified to fit whatever is required to get a machine working then the book keepers should be happy, after all there won't be a business if none of the machines work!!!

Well Hey guys,
    It seems one thing here is plain to see.
    If you take the time to post here and point out the problems,
    then you are the ones the co's need more than ever.

It comes down to the product is made well from the start
    and the support.

If there IS a next time......We wont call Canon!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penvy View Post
    Well Hey guys,
    It seems one thing here is plain to see.
    If you take the time to post here and point out the problems,
    then you are the ones the co's need more than ever.

It comes down to the product is made well from the start
    and the support.

If there IS a next time......We wont call Canon!!!!!!
    But could I ask if you would buy a Canon from another company if they offered to take you to other companies that had their machines, so you could judge their quality of service?