Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar

Congratulations Obama Supporters

Though I vehemently disagree with the President-elect and his supporters, I congratulate you. I concede that you have won. But, in reality I feel that as a nation we have lost. I will leave it at that.

As Christians, it is our duty to pray for our leaders. All of our leaders, not just the one we voted for. So, I will pray for Obama, as I do for Bush, and I did for Clinton. All will agree that the job is one of the most difficult and lonely jobs, that a person can have. I would not want it.

We are also to hold them accountable. I will do that also. As, I expect all to hold me accountable. If I disagree with them, I let them know. If I agree with them I do the same. I will do the same to you and I expect that you will do that with me.

Just my .01,

Rob

PS. Used to be my .02, but Obama redistributed it.
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    My children actually asked last night if we could move to Canada.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    My children actually asked last night if we could move to Canada.

they probably heard about the free healthcare, ironically that's one of the many reason I voted for Obama.

Nobama? Yesbama!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

55 Million

Let's keep the perspective that 55 million of us.....yes that's 55 million not a handful of religious idiots, voted for the other candidate. Sometimes there were votes cast in the face of intimidation.

Maybe that was 55 million people who are old eneough to remember the sixties and the Soviet Union. I wonder.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    I did not vote for Obama, but I am not about to leave the country. Just the opposite. I have been alive through more presidents than I care to remember and I have always supported the incumbent because quite frankly that is the patriotic thing to do. I have not agreed with many of the presidents over many issues, but this is my country and the president is an office to be respected and honored no matter who is in the White House.

I will pray for Obama, and I hope he turns out to be just what we needed. If not, I will not bash him as long as he sits in the White House; just like I have never bashed president Bush. Looking at it another way, if your mother was an ugly woman and kind of a bitch; what would you do if someone called her an ugly bitch? You'd kick their ass even if they was right because you are loyal to your mother. That is the same way you need to be toward your country.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DallasTech View Post
    they probably heard about the free healthcare, ironically that's one of the many reason I voted for Obama.
    I've seen gov't housing - I don't want gov't healthcare - Did you know if you need an MRI in canada, the waiting list is 2 1/2 months (non-emergency)

I do have to admit it takes some type of talent to get elected to the highest office in the world with the world's thinnest resume. His social, economic, and foreign policies will be a disaster, but he has a winning smile...

Remember Pre WWII Germany had very few "true" Nazi's.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thumbs down

Spoken like a true...........
    Post WWII Germany had very few nazi's too, they all claimed that they didn't know what was going on. Pretty much like you!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post

I do have to admit it takes some type of talent to get elected to the highest office in the world with the world's thinnest resume. His social, economic, and foreign policies will be a disaster, but he has a winning smile...
    Highest office in the world huh? What kind of propoganda is that? really? I thought he was president of the United States? looks like someone saved their chain emails.

"The World's thinnest resume?" Columbia university graduate, Harvard Law graduate, 7 years as State Senate member, 4 years in the US Senate, his numerous years as a community organizer. I think George W. Bush has a thinner resume, you tell me.

To say Obama's social, economic, and foreign policies will be a disaster is just plain ignorant.

Conservative in Exile 250+ Posts laserman06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasTech View Post

"The World's thinnest resume?" Columbia university graduate, Harvard Law graduate, 7 years as State Senate member, 4 years in the US Senate, his numerous years as a community organizer.
    I admit he has a very good education, but does education alone make a good president. I think not. I know plenty of college grads who do not know how to pour urine out of a boot. Tell me what has he accomplished in the 7 years as a State Senator? What has he accomplished in the 4 years as a US Senator(2 years of that he was out campaigning)? I challenge any one to name one?.

Community Organizer....someone who gets social programs for a community. Sounds like typical liberal democrat. Making people beholden to and dependent on the government.

Let them get a job!!!!. I am tired of working my a@@ off, so someone else can set on theirs. I am all for helping those who truly need help. But their is too much abuse of the system.

Just my .01,

Rob
    The family that prays together, stays together!
    Smile God created you and He doesn't make mistakes!

Relax, God IS in control!

Be still and know that I am God
    Ps 46:10

I voted for McCain, not that I really like McCain but there was no way in hell I was going to vote in the most liberal Senator in the history of the us.

I voted for McCain because I do not like the People that Obama hangs out with like William Ayers, a Domestic Terrorist or Jeremy Wright a radical pastor who is anti American and Anti White. Rashid Khalidi who is a known anti Jew radical.

Sorry folks, this stuff does not add up in my selection for free leader.

Obama experience is a Community leader with less than 200 days in actual senate.

McCain was the worst choice and ran the worst Campaign, Obama spent up near 3.5 billion dollars in Campaigning .

Republicans had control for 8 years and tanked the economy, Obama will have 4 years and he will be out.

ps As bad as Bush was he was a graduate of Harvard with a undergraduate from Yale .