Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: canon hard drives

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    That is a consumer inkjet model. I do not deal with Pixma's and I don't have service info on them. For the pixmas I have dealt with, not a one had a hard drive.
    NOT I GOT IT THANKS CRM SOFTWARE MONDAY

That is a consumer inkjet model. I do not deal with Pixma's and I don't have service info on them. For the pixmas I have dealt with, not a one had a hard drive.
    thanks this is helpfull for me regards workforce software monday

You know back a decade or two when 60 minutes did the expose on copier hard drives, I was working for Toshiba at the time. We were all laughing when we saw "the expert" go and pick a copier to get info off of the hdd. The ones he selected were Toshibas. We all knew where he was going with it. I remember myself pulling a drive from a toshie and looking at it hooked up to an xp box. You really could see a lot.

I've really had the opposite with copier hdd's. Every computer I have ever built has had copier hard drive(s) in it. Can't say I've ever had one fail. I always run a check on the smart diagnostics, then I run a recertification test and eventually a low level format. It takes a while to do all of this, but you start, mow the lawn, check, do the dishes check......so you are not really tied to the computer that is doing it all. If the hdd fails, I don't use it. I've found with a lot of Ricoh hdd's that throw SC680's you can test them, verify they are good and reuse in Ricohs. My theory is they get so fragmented that they fail on the software side, they show no smart errors, they will run through verification just fine, just low level format and they are good for anything.
    Now that a couple years have passed. Has anyone figured this out? I would love to be able to put some of these old canon hdds to use.
    Cant get passed the "Access Denied" when trying to initialized hdd

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I haven't been able to find a way yet. I once asked at tech support why I can't, I was told Canon hdd's have proprietary bios in the circuit board. I recently discovered that hp hdds can be reformatted on the machine and then deactivated on the machine so they can be used elsewhere. Being Canon and HP are long time simbients, I wonder if it is the same on Canon, but I can't find it anywhere.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon hard drives

I haven't been able to find a way yet. I once asked at tech support why I can't, I was told Canon hdd's have proprietary bios in the circuit board. I recently discovered that hp hdds can be reformatted on the machine and then deactivated on the machine so they can be used elsewhere. Being Canon and HP are long time simbients, I wonder if it is the same on Canon, but I can't find it anywhere.
    I used to have to low level format.. put in computer then load Windows .. Linux, but it's been a few years.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I used to have to low level format.. put in computer then load Windows .. Linux, but it's been a few years.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I know. I have tried it, it won't work with Canon hdds.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex