Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Beep Beep

Years ago...

Customer calls and says that their 2 month old fax machine has been making a beeping noise every few minutes or so for two days. I show up and I hear the beep. It doesn't sound like any noise that normally comes from that machine. I wait for the beep again listening for where it is coming from. Huh, the back. I turn the fax around and slide it down the counter in the process. Again I wait for the next beep. Well what do ya know, the beep isn't coming from the machine it's coming from a shelf of mailbox slots on the wall behind the fax. One of the mailboxes just above the fax had someone's pager in a box waiting to be picked up. Easiest money I ever made for the company...the customer had no contract.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Any Funny Stories from working on Copiers

Customer had a power strip plugged into itself and could not understand why the copier would not turn on.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar
    Jam on an older analog machine. Early January. I get there and I do the usual, background check on the problem. The lady seems rather nervous. Ok whatever. I open the front door. I can see a couple sheets jammed up under the drum picker. Quick glance they looked like sky shots. No big deal. I remove them and check for any stray pieces. I realize the woman is staring at me from her desk. Then I go to collect my papers on the floor. Wait, is that a Georgia O'Keefe painting? I've seen this shape before.... Oh it's the lady business. Someone must have been photocopying her private parts. Oh well kids these days. I then while she's watching crumple them up and throw them out like I have no Idea what I just saw. I made sure to clean the glass by the way. "You're all set, just be carefull making copies with the top open, they tend to jam up" ......and that was the best day ever....

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quite a few years ago I was finishing up the day working on a Mita DC313Z. I had finished writing up the call and was making a copy of the machine log when the machine just went dead right in the middle of the copy. Once I got over my panic I got out my VOM and head for the wall outlet...

There at the wall plug was a timer set to shut off the machine at 1700, and power back up at 0800.

I have to say that it was innovative, but a good way to blow a power supply.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Today I found a 2p in the finisher unit of an M7500.Customer was complaining of it jamming all the time.Took a look at the SMC sheet and it only had 8 jams in 80K.It did jam a few times at the entrance to the finisher, but couldn't see anything there.Eventually it jammed again and while pulling out the jam a nice new 2 pence piece fell out.Took it to the customer and she couldn't believe it!!!!

How the thing got there I have no idea

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    One day a tech came in telling of how he had removed a dead mouse from a Minolta Di470. Couple of weeks later I have a call on the same machine because it was cutting off part of the image. It is wiping out about a half inch to an inch of one side and I can not make it stop. I have tried running all of the CD and FD adjustments and nothing helps. The void is not even straight, is has a slight angle. I check the drum, the charge, the transfer. Nothing! I cussed and said ugly things, still no help. I had forgot about the mouse. I remembered as I was pulling the paper strips out of the front of the printhead, that were blocking the laser , where the mouse had stuffed them. His final revenge against the copier that took his life.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

IF u cant fix it, why don't u give her a RIDE?!

Costumer told me that her lovely bizc252 started to jam after fuzing section on exit rollers . That was strange since machine was young about 25k.
    I took apart whole fixing and exit section 3 times and recheck everything 6x times. It was pointless, the machine would jam again every 1 to 50 copies and driving me mad and ashamed in front costumer.

I took whole machine back to my shop and didnt (i didnt want to tell u the truth ) care much about bumps and corners.When i turned it on at the shoop and look at the magic, lovely machine started to work like a charm.

Since then we where best friends . 100% working method for konica minolta machines but didnt tested on canon and other brands.