Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar

Musicians Here Using Audition 3.0?

I am just about ready go outside and bang my head on the concrete!!

So I am using Audition 3.0, which supports VSTi's and such, and have used 1.5 and 2.0 in the past. So I downloaded 3.0 for the VSTi support since I don't play with other people.

What I'm trying to do is create a bass line to go with a riff and drum pattern I came up with. Nothing overly new or anything, just something that I can use to get my chops back into shape after 5 years plus without soloing.

Simple enough, but here's the problem... I am trying to use a the Steinberg VB-1 VSTi for the bass and using Audition 3.0's sequencer for the processing. The problem I'm running into is that all my bass lines have the piano sound in the background and I cannot find anyway to get rid of it. Even if I use the Sound Font Player for drum patterns, there is a piano sound in the background of every note.

So how the hell do I get rid of the piano sound? I have searched high and low on the internet and cannot find a darn thing about this topic. Maybe I'm the only one! Who the hell knows, I just want it gone!!

I have even imported midi files, such as RUSH, to find the same result! What the hell!!??

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I think you should go and bang your head on that concrete. That seems to be the only thing that makes sense in your post.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I play guitar, but have never used software or my computer to make music. Is it very difficult? Sounds interesting and I might try it. Think it would be cool to record beat and music with my guitar playing. My uncle used a drum machine and it worked out well for him. I'm not sure which way to go with it. Do you compose or just arrange?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    LOL! yeah, music speak is just about as bad as tech speak or computer speak.

Anyway, I played around with ACID5.0a (no, it's not the drug) and got the same result. So I am starting to think it's a issue with my sound card. It's an old Soundblaster PCI 512, which doesn't support ASIO drivers. So, I'm having to use ASIO For All, which tricks the system think you are using ASIO drivers and not a standard one. ASIO For All seems to work fine with everything else, just this little hick-up. Oh well...

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.