Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Do all computers have this help program?
    I kid you not.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    One of my customers told me about one that happened years ago. The printer said "Change PC", they did not know what to do so they called the I.T. dept who changed the PC, which to them was the computer, when that did not work, they got a new printer.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    I know that all to well. I'm up to my armpit in a machine with more of the machine's guts on the table and floor around me than in the unit and get the question all the time. I once retorted "If you arrived at the garage where you get your car serviced and found the engine lying outside the car and the mechanic under the hood would you expect to be able to drive it away?", and surprisingly didn't get to have a little chat with my manager. I guess some things that seen so obvious to we technicians are maybe not so obvious to someone not in the know.
    I think its obvious to them, they just running around the office so much, and pay so little attention to the world around them, they never notice when we techs are there working or any one else for that matter, and now that machines can print too, they just run, grab there job and scurry back to there fabric covered kennel.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    I think its obvious to them, they just running around the office so much, and pay so little attention to the world around them, they never notice when we techs are there working or any one else for that matter, and now that machines can print too, they just run, grab there job and scurry back to there fabric covered kennel.
    I think it's amazing when they lean over you and try to make a copy when half your body is in the machine...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alpha-omega tech's Avatar
    I had a customer at a bank in Florida pour fuser oil in the toner hopper. What a mess. I guess if they dont know how to keep the bank doors open they surely cant run a copier.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I think it's amazing when they lean over you and try to make a copy when half your body is in the machine...
    Always nice when its a nice looking woman. Well if you are a man. Otherwise a bit odd.

for me the best is whenever i go to a place with a nice looking lady(s) and 1 guy, and im fixing the copier and the guy walks past and tries to show off infront of the girls and says stupid things like, 'i would of fixed that by now' or 'you back again or still here from last time'. most annoying customers ever

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    for me the best is whenever i go to a place with a nice looking lady(s) and 1 guy, and im fixing the copier and the guy walks past and tries to show off infront of the girls and says stupid things like, 'i would of fixed that by now...
    I had one of those. I didn't say a word, but I handed him my screwdriver. My manager might not have liked it so much, but the ladies in the office sure did... on second thought, my manager probably would have backed me up in this case as well.
    73 DE W5SSJ

The pretty girls probably don't think badly of you, tommygun. Remember they're the ones that have to work with that jerk everyday.

I do like Shadow's suggestion of handing him the screwdriver. It certainly would make me laugh at the jerk, instead of with him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

I just say "Only on public holidays!"