Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    I love it when the customer watches you walk in the door, and while you are still standing there with tools in hand they ask you what's causing their problem. I tell them maybe I should at least look at the copier before I answer that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

I had a customer two days ago who complained that we had sent him the wrong waste toner box for his Konica C250. I called in and he showed me the box and complained that there was an extra bit of plastic on it and it would not fit!! I then took the box from him and turned it the other way up..and it fitted! Dooh!!

I have also had a woman complain that her fax was not receiving from her customers.......she had moved towns and had not thought to find out what her new number was...she was convinced that it was what her fax config sheet said from her last town!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    I have also had a woman complain that her fax was not receiving from her customers.......she had moved towns and had not thought to find out what her new number was...she was convinced that it was what her fax config sheet said from her last town!
    Darwin needs to see this woman out. People like this have no place near equipment. I see people like this occasionally too. It is disappointing and saddening.

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    I love it when the customer watches you walk in the door, and while you are still standing there with tools in hand they ask you what's causing their problem. I tell them maybe I should at least look at the copier before I answer that.
    I had a regular customer who would do the same thing. As soon as he saw me standing at the copier it was... "well, what do you think..." . After about the 3rd visit and i was more comnfortable with the customer i would say, "why don"t you find somethjing else to do and i will find you when i have that answer". after that, he would just say hi, maybe give me a brief description of the issue, and then leave me alone.

sometimnes, you have to fix the customer!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    I had a regular customer who would do the same thing. As soon as he saw me standing at the copier it was... "well, what do you think..." . After about the 3rd visit and i was more comnfortable with the customer i would say, "why don"t you find somethjing else to do and i will find you when i have that answer". after that, he would just say hi, maybe give me a brief description of the issue, and then leave me alone.

sometimnes, you have to fix the customer!
    I prefer opening up with a line I heard in college...

"Due to the tectonic forces equaling equalibrium, I am unable to give you a satisfactory answer at this time. Be sure to come running for answers when you feel the building shake, as I will have by then worked my magics."
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    One of my customers told me about one that happened years ago. The printer said "Change PC", they did not know what to do so they called the I.T. dept who changed the PC, which to them was the computer, when that did not work, they got a new printer.
    I did read on a website giving reviews on the PS3 controller - a customer said "its a good item but the battery life lets its down - im on my 3rd controller already"

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    We had a nightmare customer who was so bad we had a rota to attend there one day it was my turn,I serviced the machine tested all functions knowing every call there would recall at the slightest opportunity befor you leave you had to face the dragon
    The customer demanded that before I left I would gaurntee the machine would never jam again after some thought I cut off the mains plug and told them it would never ever jam again sorted!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Just had a fax brought in. Our walk in customers fill out the repair ticket. It said, Fax not working, I think it needs a bigger fax line. Need I say more.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar
    I once went on a call to a local school's IT department because the MFP wouldn't print. Come to find out the router port they connected the printer cable to wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Just had a fax brought in. Our walk in customers fill out the repair ticket. It said, Fax not working, I think it needs a bigger fax line. Need I say more.
    You should have filled it out something like "Checked diameter of current fax line; found diameter to be within specifications for the equipment."
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.