Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Got a new one today.
    Scan to e-mail from Ricoh 3245c.
    "It is in color when I recieve to my email, but when it get's to the website it is in B/W."
    They were faxing the color original on an old Brother fax to a fax server.
    They couldn't understand that is was not a MFP problem.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    Got a new one today.
    Scan to e-mail from Ricoh 3245c.
    "It is in color when I recieve to my email, but when it get's to the website it is in B/W."
    They were faxing the color original on an old Brother fax to a fax server.
    They couldn't understand that is was not a MFP problem.
    Tell the customer that they need to order the "Crayola" option for their MFP.

Make sure you ask them where they want you to drill the hole for the sharpener.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by pspahr View Post
    "But the last tech said to 'keep the paper in the wrapper to keep the moisture out" says my customer as I explain that the paper wrapper must be removed from the ream before being placed in the tray......
    hhahahahahha! i actually had that about 3 weeks ago! but anyways my customer pre-stapled her paper and placed them in the paper tray so when she made copies they would come out already stapled!!! hahhahaha! needless to say that didnt work out well and she placed a service call for continuous jams! stupid broad didn't know how to set the machine to staple

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YouthAttack View Post
    my customer pre-stapled her paper and placed them in the paper tray so when she made copies they would come out already stapled!!! hahhahaha! needless to say that didnt work out well and she placed a service call for continuous jams!
    If you tell me the machine's drum and/or transfer belt (if it has one) came through undamaged, I won't believe you.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    If you tell me the machine's drum and/or transfer belt (if it has one) came through undamaged, I won't believe you.
    i put that on anything. it was a sharp arm350, luckily she filled up the large cap tray with those prestapled papers and it only made it on the paper transport side on the bottom left, right underneath the drum. their was nothing damaged and i showed her some key op stuff like how to staple. why do i sound like im talking to a field supervisor? lol

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Oh, I'm not, believe me.

Looks like you got lucky (or better, that your customer got lucky) that the paper never made it to the drum - My customers who do that usually end up paying for a new drum or getting a personalized stamp on their copies until the drum reaches the end of life.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    while passing througth the office one day I was asked before I left to phone a customer with an i.t. issue
    so I did! asked this lady a few qusetions and decided to talk her throutgh a few steps big mistake

first step;me;" are you sitting in front of youre pc madam can you see my computer?"
    ; customer : "are you trying o be funny how the hell do you exspect me to see youre computer down the phone line!!!!"
    me:" ok well send someone around later today thanks for youre patience bye"

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Had a good one today for a MFP at a bank that couldn't fax.
    Me: Hello, this is Dave from _____ and I got a call on your ir2270.

Customer:Yes, the fax part is not working. This is the second time this month it has stopped working. We really need to get it fixed.

Me: Yes I remember now, I was the one out last time. It was actually a problem with the phone line not the copier (there is construction going on the street in front of the building). The security system and the credit card machine stopped working too. Can you check for a dial tone or see if the other equipment is working?

Customer:Well, no they stopped working too, but we need to get our fax going.

Me: Ah, that's your problem the phone line isn't working.

Customer:So can you fix it?

Me:No, you need to call the phone company.

Customer:But it's our fax that isn't working.

Me:Without a working phone line the fax can't do anything. I can check it out once they get the phone line going if you want.

Customer:So we will be without a fax today?

Me:That depends on how soon they can get the phone line going.

Customer:Well you had better speak to our manager about this.

Me:uh...OK.

Customer:Wait, she is out to lunch right now.

Me:Well I can call back in an hour.

Customer:OK....Oh, wait our main phone line isn't working, she will have to call you back.

Me:OK, or I could just call this number again.

At least the manager was nice when I talked to her. She remembered about the construction and the phone line and said it wouldn't be necessary for me to come out.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    D_L_P, your post is virtually identical to a call I actually had this morning, with the exception that the problem was related to the power.

And no, its not one of those "power out on the whole block or building" kind of thing. It was the outlet. Oddly enough, the outlet was shared between a C450, a small cheap shredder and a mail stamp machine and radio. I went to the call to find the machine was definitely down. The customer in a panic, really needing to get a quote out but the "fax" machine (C450 with fax option) was not working. She casually mentioned that her radio wasn't working either as I was toggling the power switch on the copier. I stopped, looked at the other devices, noted they were not powered as well....

She said she checked the breaker.

She likely had.

But not the right one.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Gotta love the smart ones

My manager and I trained a secretary how to use her new machine one day. She watched as we used two one sided originals to make a double sided copy. She looked at us after it was completed and said it hadn't worked. We both looked at each other and said together, yes it did. She then took both originals from the document feeder and said; "see it didn't duplex!" I calmly and without saying a word reached into the inner tray underneath and pulled out the two sided copy, showed it to her and left the room before I nearly died laughing. My manager simply explained to her again while I waited in the vehicle.