Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I'm probably going to get in trouble for saying this, but I don't understand why techs marry girls who can't manage simple things like this. I know I'm more technically inclined then most women, but some things are obvious. At the first company I worked at, my service manager's girlfriend called the office in hysterics (he was on a call). The toilet was overflowing and she didn't know what to do. I told her to look behind the toilet for the cut-off. She was in tears and kept asking me if it was going to be ok. I told her to flush it and she was relieved when the water didn't come up. I told her I'd tell him so he could fix it when he got home. It just seemed to me that when water is running you should turn it off. What's so difficult about that?
    So you are one of those few logical females?
    Pretty far between them, most females just run around in circles whenever they are faced with a technical problem.
    Nobody loves a clown at midnight.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    This is more of a mean/dumb comment. I was explaining to the customer that I will order the part today but someone else will be out next week since I will be on vacation. I think the secretary understood what I was saying but her boss who was listening in stormed out and said "Whaaat? We will have to wait a week to get this fixed??" Somehow he misunderstood what I was saying.

Well after a moment or two of confusion I got everyone on the same page and made it quite clear that it should be no later than Tuesday. I even called the other tech right then and made sure he knew what needed done and could make it as soon as the parts came in, it just needed some feed tires and a clutch just to be sure.

After everything settled down I went on with my day. About an hour later I get a call from my boss. He read off some nasty email he just got about how I told them they will have to wait until I get back from vacation to get their copier fixed. It also said that is "unacceptable" and they want someone out Monday. I'm a fairly easy going type of guy but that just mad my blood boil. That guy knew damn well he wouldn't have to wait for me to come back but still shot off some nasty email to my boss. At least my boss got a chuckle out of it. I swear some people just have too much time on their hands. I didn't know there were such people out there, this is for the local Board of Legislators.

MrWho- I hope my wife doesn't read that, I think I have her fooled. LOL

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, you're not the regular girl then, are you? And the reason why most techs don't marry more knowledgeable girls is because the more knowledgeable girls know enough to find a better man!

THAT'S the problem. I could never quite put my finger on it. I'm doomed to be involved with the ditzy minded bimbos I guess.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    THAT'S the problem. I could never quite put my finger on it. I'm doomed to be involved with the ditzy minded bimbos I guess.

I do not think that a female tech and a male tech could get along in a marriage. We have 2 females at the shop and both are very good at what they do, but it seem they may have a little O.C.D. or be slightly anal retentive. I am more of the relaxed sort who does not worry about small details. My wife does manual labor and can instal a facuet or thermostat, as she will tell you she has done in the past, and I am sure if she tried, she could be a tech if she wanted, but then I would have to leave her or kill her or something. After working it all day, I would not want to come home and listen to her bitching about her bad copier day or worse yet, her telling me how to fix a copier and being right about it.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    or worse yet, her telling me how to fix a copier and being right about it.
    Now that's the problem with us men, isn't it? When they are right about someting and we are not?

When my wife is right about something and I'm not (which rarely happens, by the way) I just shrug it off as being unimportant and not to the point (even if it was about my hair being on fire). If we give it too much importance they might just get used to it, and we don't want that, do we?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I do not think that a female tech and a male tech could get along in a marriage. We have 2 females at the shop and both are very good at what they do, but it seem they may have a little O.C.D. or be slightly anal retentive.

There is something to be said about like minds. Most of the time they can be in agreement upon any given subject without conflict. But add sex to the equation, a sense of competition will invariably and inevitably be the result. Good or bad, it can add a dynamic to the relationship that is both positive and negative. The balance to the equation is simply to not have equilibrium. If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them will bullshit. Change the subject at first opportunity in other words.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    My wife and I have been happily married for 26 years now.

Whenever she asks me something that I don't have an answer for (like maybe how long it would take to drive somewhere), I get on the "Net and look it up.

She tells me, "You used to always know the answer to anything I asked you - now you need a computer to look everything up."

I reply with, "Back then I was trying to impress you, so if I didn't know the answer, I made stuff up."

That usually keeps her quiet for a while, anyway...
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There is something to be said about like minds. Most of the time they can be in agreement upon any given subject without conflict. But add sex to the equation, a sense of competition will invariably and inevitably be the result. Good or bad, it can add a dynamic to the relationship that is both positive and negative. The balance to the equation is simply to not have equilibrium. If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them will bullshit. Change the subject at first opportunity in other words.
    Yeah...have to agree with that one. LOL. Tech guys like to feel needed. The dumb bimbos need someone to take care of them and make the world a safe place. It's not that those of us who have a brain, don't want to be protected and taken care of (I personally love that), but we are not helpless, we can take care of ourselves when you guys aren't around and we like being appreciated for it. It's great working with team of guys, but you get treated like one of the guys. If you are a tech, male or female, you need someone with a lot of patience because we aren't generally people oriented and we don't have any patience for stupidity (probably because we deal with so much of it).
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    we don't have any patience for stupidity (probably because we deal with so much of it).
    I can handle ignorance - that's something we all have, in one respect or another, since we can't know about everything - as long as the ignorant person is willing to accept some explanation and is willing to learn something from the situation. When that doesn't happen, then it stops being ignorance and starts being stupidity.

As I use to say "Ignorance can be cured - Stupidity can't."
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet View Post
    I had a customer tell me that the broken bins on her sorter resulted from a power outage. I told her that was not really possible.

Turns out I was wrong. During the power outage she sat her fat ass on the sorter and that's what broke the bins. I found that little detail out from one of the other office workers.

Customers, ya gotta love 'em.
    I would have loved to been in the office when that happend, bet it had a good sound, them bins snapping under her fat ass, sorta like...BLAM....BLAM....BLAM