Page 17 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    Yeah...have to agree with that one. LOL. Tech guys like to feel needed. The dumb bimbos need someone to take care of them and make the world a safe place. It's not that those of us who have a brain, don't want to be protected and taken care of (I personally love that), but we are not helpless, we can take care of ourselves when you guys aren't around and we like being appreciated for it. It's great working with team of guys, but you get treated like one of the guys. If you are a tech, male or female, you need someone with a lot of patience because we aren't generally people oriented and we don't have any patience for stupidity (probably because we deal with so much of it).
    Stupidity. Such a subjective term....

I've noted that there are a lot of "smart" people out there, but they lack the ability to engage the gray matter when needed, to pay attention to detail. Doctors, lawyers, snooty engineers....they are all guilty of this at some level or other. I often find myself at odds with these types. They fail to read the (&^*&%^*& screen and what it says, and then get indignant when I point out to them that the machine asked for a magenta toner unit, not a magenta image unit. Or to empty the waste toner or refill the staple cartridge, all user level stuff.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

I get that a lot - specially when the machine starts popping up the message "Hey, I'm gonna need a new drum SOON!" and people pay no attention... and when the machine finally stops they act all outraged and angry because they didn't get enough warning!

If I could I would slap them senseless! I hope for their good that I don't win the lottery or something, because if I win, that's exactly what I'll do the next chance I get!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Ya, that drives me nuts too.... "to the moon Alice, to the moon"......
    to the moon alice.JPG6a00c2251dbe888fdb011018029567860f-500pi.jpg
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sad as it is , I am glad that these traits are common over the pond as well!! I thought that it was just the ID10ts over in the UK. I have lost count of the number of times the operators ignore the display screens!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Or you show up for a jamming problem and you get the old "Oh I need toner, do you have any with you?".
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Technician
    Had one yesterday, Customer calls on olivetti MF450 (bizhub 450) for c-2XXX error ( waste toner motor failure to turn) so I talk him through taking out the waste toner unit and emptying it a little, making sure the gears are free to turn, trouble reset, all of that stuff and still no joy. Knowing we had no new waste toners in stock I drove 45 minutes to have a look and on arrival did all of the above myself, still no joy but i did hear the gears failing to mesh on restart a little, So thinks I, maybe a little piece of card wedged in the right place will help push one side of the WT on to the gear properly and at least get the machine up and running, on looking around for said card a box came into view which had all the right credentials, on further investigation those credentials were not only right but perfect as said box contained a brand new oem waste toner bottle, which when fitted miraculously caused the machine to spring back to life like lazarus, the customer said he was saving it till he really needed it. congrats: 150 pound bill on its way. Shame he's a nice guy aswell always the first with the coffee.
    Last edited by rar0411; 08-26-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

When i answer the phone the guy said "hey !! my machine so dirty with toner around, ask ya guys to come and service, my wife is chocking to death" Just after hanging up the phone i cant stop laughing and thinking should i go quickly ?

My top 4 is all at schools... it made me consider home schooling for my kids.. and I had one in a bank too.

1. Got a call that the copier had stopped working. I went to the customer and found aluminium foil inside the machine. It had shorted the circuits in the machine. Had to replace a power or two. They wantet to see how it would look with print on..

2. Same school a week later. The machine made so loucy prints.. I found out they had tried to copy on sand paper. The drum and other components inside the machine had become sanded after 10-15 pages of sandpaper had been printet. A few weeks later they did it again - but with a much finer grain. The type you use when you are painting cars..
    To bad it was a public school, and my taxes is used to pay for the repair.

3. Had a copier at a school, and a teacher called. He was wondering on how long time it needed to dry. What? It's not an ink jet. It is dry instantly..?
    No, no.. ha had thought the machine was too full of paperdust and toner - so he had desided to wash it clean with a garden hose. And he had been careful enough to take out the paper.
    I actually managed to save that machine, and it lasted 3 more years. But I had to change a lot of parts... $$$

4. We had a customer that used ink jet stickers in a large MFP. They had to pay over 1500 dollars every time I was there... And I was there 6-7 times in a 4 month period. Then I had to go down there and throw the stickes in the trash. This was a bank btw.

5. Another school case. Had an angry teacher at the phone. This machine was supposed to be able to make t-shirt prints.. yeah.. well it don't.
    I went there and saw a pice of a t-shirt in the bypass tray. The rest was inside the machine. After a few hours I had it out, and the machine was up and running. I explained to her that they used special iron on paper in order for this to work...

and I have been at people that says the copier changes the accounting numbers and so on..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

T-shirt man... what was they thinking huababuahah........ washing machine ??? buahahha..

When I worked for Canon years ago a lady came into a copy shop and asked if she could get her old B&W photograph copied so that it was in color.
    Laughing......