Page 23 of 84 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
    Technician
    thats a good one, it makes a change from pop tarts

Technician
    those copiers are nasty, we still have a couple out there unfortunatley

Red face Auto Doc Feeder

This is going back quite a long time; but it is very memorable. A customer called in to complain that the copier's auto doc feeder was "taking" their originals. I knew the account well, it was a Canon NP2020 with a flat top (no doc feeder). I phoned them up and they explained the following: "We put our originals in the right side of the machine and we get a copy out; but, we don't know what happens to the original." So, they fed their original into the stack bypass (this machine pulled from the bypass without having to press start) and they received their original on the receiving tray.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

**snicker**

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

hypertech
    Cant remember the model but had a customer ask me a while back if i can send the machine back to japan to change the specifications to allow 350gsm paper..... I spent about 20mins in the car laughing to myself..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar
    I had a customer complain of "This machine is using way too much Toner". Several Techs had already been there and done various adjustments and replaced a few parts in a vain attempt to resolve this issue. I was a new guy at the time and I was sent out. I assume it was some sort of hazing. I cleaned the copier and corona wires, Copies looked nice and clean. Called it in and left. I realized I left my screwdriver behind and went back only to find the customer making copies with the lid up. She would switch originals with each scan. I told her this is why it was using so much toner and to use the doc feeder. She said "I have to do it this way other wise I'll have to pull the staples out before I copy. Who knows , If I hadn't forgot my screwdriver they'd still be sending techs over.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oztech View Post
    Had a customer who had done some "research" on the internet and had read that if he sprayed a sheet of paper with WD40 and fed it through the copier that it would clean the copier!
    Haha that reminds me of a call many years back on an NP400 Canon really wierd quality issues so I pull out the coronas and they are all oily, (this was a federal govt office in Ottawa) some dimwhit sticks her head in and says she cleaned them but it didnt fix the problem, I asked her what she used and she handed me a bottle of oil for the shredder ! Over 20 yrs ago and I still havent forgotten that one!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post
    "You mean I'm not SUPPOSED to put liquid toner in the hopper?" (Dry toner copier)

An oldy but goody. This was 20 years ago.
    Had that one too 20 plus years ago NP270, the guy even went out and bought a funnel !!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar
    Had a call out to one of our biggest schools, the attendance officers ricoh mp1515 wont power on its dead was the symptom, arrived there no sign of A/O cleaned up the machine and turned on the main wall switch then the machine, tested i turned of the machine and called in, following day same call same problem!!!! once again main switch on, the machine power switch on and working fine. Unable to locate the A/O i left a note on the machine and a message at reception (who calls in problems) and left... The following day i got a phone call from my service manager giving out that the A/O had called in again that the machine was not working at all, i explained the issue and he sent another engineer there as the a/o requested i not come,

Happily enough ed reported the same issue as me and the A/O was not happy when he realised his error and recieved his call out fees

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Had one today with an E-452 which had a crimped wire to the scanner. Customer trying to explain the fault said she did a copy off the glass and the print out was barely AUDIBLE. I dunno if she was expecting the sheet of A4 to read her document out to her.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison