Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

This happen last year, another fellow tech called and said the customer is saying they are getting black copies - this is on a Ricoh color copier - so he went out to the customer and made some test copies and copies came out great. So he asked the customer can she show him what she was copying when she got the black copies. She get her bank bag out and pulls out some cash. She was copying money for a deposit. (Ricoh has a label right by the glass that says it is illegal to copy money, and other things.)

*I think that on newer Ricoh MFP it copies black on the newer $5.00 and up.*

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Techgal View Post
    This happen last year, another fellow tech called and said the customer is saying they are getting black copies - this is on a Ricoh color copier - so he went out to the customer and made some test copies and copies came out great. So he asked the customer can she show him what she was copying when she got the black copies. She get her bank bag out and pulls out some cash. She was copying money for a deposit. (Ricoh has a label right by the glass that says it is illegal to copy money, and other things.)

*I think that on newer Ricoh MFP it copies black on the newer $5.00 and up.*
    She's lucky it wasn't a Kyocera. Her machine would have coded out and the manufacturer would have to send a rep out to reset the machine. Although, if you ask nicely sometimes the phone support guy would tell a qualified tech how to do it.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

LowTechMan

Re: right train wrong track

Quote Originally Posted by rg109 View Post
    One day, I got a call from the "regional manager". He told me to get to this customer's machine "now", that this customer was "very important and very upset". Then I get a call from the corporate Vice President's office, telling me the same thing. So I rushed over to this pretty big business office, anounced myself as the copier repairman, then they showed me the machine and it wasn't one of ours. It was not our product. It belonged to one of the other companies. I thought this was so funny, because this boss who I never heard of was yelling at me and this customer was yelling at me for taking so long to get there were both WRONG!
    Hey all I had a similar experience when I was working with ATMs in my previous job. A hotel calls me one day and the front office manger was upset telling me that we need to come and remove the machine; in short she offloaded her fustrations. I calmly asked what were the markings on th unit and helped her to realize that it was not ours! We had removed our unit two years prior.

I must like customer service....LOL

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Did a call on a Mita DC-1435 on a Friday afternoon, office was closing so I shut copier off for them. Got call on Monday, copier won't turn on, so I drive straight there, walk up to machine and turn it on...Lady says "how did you do that?", I said I used the on/off switch...she said that she always uses the Green print button to turn on. Had a call on a Mita DC-111 and customer wanted machine fixed, kept blowing fuses, she of course had an electric heater plugged in to same power bar. I was doind a demo on a big Konica copier and a guy interupts me and asks "what would happen if they stare at the light" I said that if you stare at lights, you shouldn't be using a photocopier....same account called for crooked pieces in copier...I get there and they complained that the exposure lamp shading covers were crooked. I've had a few customers ask how do they print in color...the bought a B/W copier. Had a lady complain of loud noise from copier they bought 2 weeks ago so I get there and I can't hear anything odd, she is holding her hands over her ears...says "can't you hear that?"...if was the sound of air from the cooling fan. A long time ago I brought a customer's Selectric back after doing a full cleaning at shop, she refused to take it back claiming that it wasn't her machine, I had to proove it with the serial number...guess I cleaned it too well
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Did a call on a Mita DC-1435 on a Friday afternoon, office was closing so I shut copier off for them. Got call on Monday, copier won't turn on, so I drive straight there, walk up to machine and turn it on...Lady says "how did you do that?", I said I used the on/off switch...she said that she always uses the Green print button to turn on. Had a call on a Mita DC-111 and customer wanted machine fixed, kept blowing fuses, she of course had an electric heater plugged in to same power bar. I was doind a demo on a big Konica copier and a guy interupts me and asks "what would happen if they stare at the light" I said that if you stare at lights, you shouldn't be using a photocopier....same account called for crooked pieces in copier...I get there and they complained that the exposure lamp shading covers were crooked. I've had a few customers ask how do they print in color...the bought a B/W copier. Had a lady complain of loud noise from copier they bought 2 weeks ago so I get there and I can't hear anything odd, she is holding her hands over her ears...says "can't you hear that?"...if was the sound of air from the cooling fan. A long time ago I brought a customer's Selectric back after doing a full cleaning at shop, she refused to take it back claiming that it wasn't her machine, I had to proove it with the serial number...guess I cleaned it too well
    It's been a long time since I saw a 1435 or a 111 Don't miss the 111 at all.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts doug94550's Avatar

Their copier is 12 years old, has run twice the volume it was intended to, for twice as long as engineering ever intended it to run, and as it is on it's last legs, with parts falling off the thing, they tell you, "Well, you are just going to have to give us a new machine".

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by doug94550 View Post
    Their copier is 12 years old, has run twice the volume it was intended to, for twice as long as engineering ever intended it to run, and as it is on it's last legs, with parts falling off the thing, they tell you, "Well, you are just going to have to give us a new machine".
    Hmmmm...I wonder if that might work at a car dealership.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

1fastzr

Can someone come out the copier keeps misspelling the words.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

today, kyocera ta colour. jam in the bypass from a5 glossy stock. No problem, removed the jam now working. Asked the customer to try the machine while im here. customer puts the original on the glass and trys it. copies are back to front/ too dark and a bit rubbish in general. So i check the original and untill i explained it the customer couldnt understand it. The original was the same as the media she was copying on to i.e it was a poster/flyer with a blank space for a date and time. her original had the date and time on and wanted to just copy the date and time onto the a5 media in the bypass hence she had really bad copy qualty problems.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar

Somebody asks me a copier that copies a book by itself
    Really

"Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"