Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by techspec View Post
    If I had a pound/dollar for every time I heard this on an install, "so does it make the coffee?" In my head I think to myself A@$$#*ŁES! One day I will say it out loud !
    Isn't that what the Java option is for???

cyclops

Dumbest question and the perfect answer

A friend was working for an airplane manufacturer. He walks by while I do a PM and asks " When is someone going to make copiers that don't breakdown all of the time? ".

My reply, " I think that one is on the list right after airplanes that don't fall out of the sky! ".

He went back to his work without saying another thing.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Thumbs down

Customer: "Oh not you AGAIN, this machine is always breaking down... can't you fix it?"

Cipher: Er... last time I was here was about a month ago and the machine has done like 300k+ since then.

• Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Customer: "Oh not you AGAIN, this machine is always breaking down... can't you fix it?"

Cipher: Er... last time I was here was about a month ago and the machine has done like 300k+ since then.

Of course they were sold the machine on the promise from the sales rep that it would N E V E R need servicing!

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

That's a great ice-breaker that I use quite frequently.

"Oh. It will never need servicing again." with a straight face. It's always worth a good laugh. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

When I have a customer ask in those kind of situations (especially if the customer asking is female) I tell them: "It's like my wife says... If it has Tires or Testicles it's gonna give you trouble."
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician
    If you want to play a great joke on a customer get a rubber rat at the toy store. When you go to do a service call ask the customer to come over and tell them they have a rodent problem as you pull the rat out of the machine.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I have been there for real. It teaches you to think out of the box to find out the void streaks are coming from parts of the mouse nest blocking the laser.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    That's a great ice-breaker that I use quite frequently.

"Oh. It will never need servicing again." with a straight face. It's always worth a good laugh. =^..^=
    Yeah I used to say something like that and maybe I should slip that back into my repertiore.

Lately I will be getting the ladies to sign the ticket and tell them that I know they will mwin American Idol this year so the autograph keeps me from having to come back after it.

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    I get stupid sayings all the time, because everyone knows me as a coworker, but what I will always remember is what a fellow tech told me years ago at a dealership:

paraphrasing...

"I kept going to a company each morning because they had weird residue on the glass. I'd clean it off, all is well, then the call would come in the next day. I couldn't figure out it. Some days were worse than others. Anyway, I told my service manager to head out with me because this on is truly stumping me. We went early in the morning before they opened, and began to observe the office staff. Suddenly, we realized what was going on.

One of the office staff was using the copier AS A DOUGHNUT WARMER!!!! She'd put the donuts on the glass (older analog machine) and would make copies of the doughnuts to heat them up. This worked better than putting them in the microwave, as they became soggy if she did that."

Needless to say, their manager wasn't happy and it was then taken care of on their end. This is one I'll never forget.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+