Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosharp View Post
    We had (HAD) a time & material customer that bought a couple Konica Minolta machines online. He insisted he was only going to run b/w because the toner, and color DV prices are stupid high. Close to a grand for color DV. He called for a noise coming from the machine. I'm a sharp guy. It's really all I've trained on, but an mfp is an mfp is an mfp. So I go to work tracking down the issue. I finally track it to the toner pipe. It's been a couple hours, and I can't fix it. Let him know I'll have the boss get back to him. He calls before I can get back to the shop and is throwing a fit. Boss goes to figure out what I did wrong. Turns out this guy has been refilling his toner carts. He drilled holes in them. Well the shavings have made it through the system and clogged them tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like a customer we had once with a Konica Minolta color copier. They ran out of color toners so went ahead and clipped the lockouts on the black toners and used them instead of the color cartridges. Then had a fit when we gave them the estimate to replace the color developer units. So they just ordered color toners and called an out of town company to come in and fix the poor color quality. I think they eventually did buy a new used machine instead.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Phrag's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    "You have to fix it NOW, it's a patient critical printer!"

So has there been a huge medical break through while I wasn't looking and they now use printers as part of a medical procedure?
    So you can't print labels out because you insist on trying use cut price El Cheapo labels and they've now jammed the printer solid?
    Tough, write them out by hand.
    I wonder if they use El Cheapo sutures as well.

Technician
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    "You have to fix it NOW, it's a patient critical printer!"

So has there been a huge medical break through while I wasn't looking and they now use printers as part of a medical procedure?
    So you can't print labels out because you insist on trying use cut price El Cheapo labels and they've now jammed the printer solid?
    Tough, write them out by hand.

Don't talk to me about labels, I'm the sole printer tech at a company that does full computer systems just for Pharmacies. You know, the ones that print labels to go on all your pill bottles. You become very familiar with with the effect poor quality, custom designed labels can do to a printer. On the upside I only have to worry about 4-6 models of printer that I work on at any given time.

Technician
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    I used to work on Savin Liquid toner V-35 style machines that would get gummed up with dried out toner in the toner tank gears. The gears would stop turning and the drive belt would make a horrible loud noise. The toner mixes with a clear dispersant fluid that we also use to clean the machines. I keep a squeeze bottle filled with the clear dispersant to service the machines. It was common for these tank gears to get stuck with dried toner and just wetting them with dispersant would fix it.

Customer, "Our machine is making a horrible loud noise. I really think it's possessed"

Me, "Possessed you say? I think I can handle that. (take out my dispersant bottle) It's a good thing I remembered to bring my holy water with me. (turns on machine with front door jumped, machine makes loud noise) BEGONE EVIL SPIRIT! (squirts dispersant on the tank gears, noise suddenly stops and machine runs quiet)"

Customer, "HOLY CRAP!!!!!"

I wish it were that easy with the Kyocera 4200's when they start making noise.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sure...why not!

[QUOTE=Jimbo1;60287]You are doing a major PM and the copier is completely gutted.

Customer walks up..."Could I make just one copy???????"

That's when I back up and say "Sure go right ahead".