Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    Technician
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

My colleague had a call from a client few years ago.
    I dont remember the model, but it was a small fax machine.
    The client tried to send the fax while he was on the phone with my colleague.
    On the display was was the OFF HOOK message. The same hook he talked to my colleague.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Another little fun conversation overheard yesterday. Had to go check on some prescriptions that had not been called in by the doctor's office. Then I went and stopped at the mall to walk around have a nice ice tea and lunch. Sitting at the table next to me was a small group of people having their lunch. They did not recognize me but I knew two of them from a former customer. They were talking about computer and printer/scanning networking problems. Then the first dimwitted statement I heard was: "You mean that was not Microsoft Security that detected a virus on my computer?" Number two was: "I wasn't supposed to follow his instructions to allow him to scan my pc?" When she said that the others started laughing. Apparently the it guy was there and said he was happy he switched the server to Ubuntu and could remotely scan the network to clean the ransom ware out of the system. Seems there may have been another incident at the office there that caused him to switch the server where files were actually stored and not locally on the pc's on the desks. Then he recognized me and wanted to know if I could come back and help him set up the pc's and network scanning on his three copiers. Had to turn him down and said he had to call the office if they were still under contract. If I went and things weren't perfect then I knew the service company would invoke the "other than approved service technician" clause in their contract and rake them over the coals.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    When asked "is that thing broken again"? I respond with "there seems to be some debate on whether is it broken again or it is broken still".
    My reply to "is it broken aaggaaain... ":

Nothing is really broken, its just usable....
    Given enough money, we can repair anything.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I had it happen where when I arrived to do a service call, that the customer waited all of about 30 seconds to ask, "You did bring the toner we ordered with you, right? We thought we'd save the shipping cost by having you deliver it."

Fortunately, the call didn't require toner to be added, but, seriously?

It's not totally uncommon for customers to assume that we're rolling supply wagons.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Recently has a lovely young lady (emphasis on the young, so cant be too harsh I guess) who suggested the machine was printing A3 when no A3 was loaded in the machine. After 30 mins on the phone she could not be convinced.

After a 30min drive to her site found A3 paper loaded in tray4 - lol

Expensive lesson for her lol

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Hi
    A teacher, using a color copier wanted to know how to print white on black (tag?) paper...No, she did not accept my explanation/s and complained to the school principal....SMH...

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Hi
    A teacher, using a color copier wanted to know how to print white on black (tag?) paper...No, she did not accept my explanation/s and complained to the school principal....SMH...
    Oddly enough, there actually IS such a thing as white toner. Same goes for clear.

Who knew?

I saw both on a Ricoh production color machine at a very large print shop a few months ago.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Some analog Minolta's had it in the old days. Also there is an OKI laserprinter with white toner.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Some analog Minolta's had it in the old days. Also there is an OKI laserprinter with white toner.

Hans
    Yes the Okidata is the 941e it has white and clear toner... rumor was they were working on a metallic blue also when I was in Jersey getting trained on the unit.

We had a customer wanting to order GREEN toner because they had "run out" of it.....