Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Just last week I had a customer call and say their copier isn't working. They press start and nothing happens. I looked at the dispaly and sure enough it says "load paper"
    I don't know why the manufacturers even bother to put displays on the machines - they could just put a kid's drawing in there and, for the same price, get more profit.

Heck, I just had a great idea to propose to my boss - maybe monday I'll post a new thread here to sell a bunch of brand-new LCD screens!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    I have seen a couple cust. pull the DV unit out and dump it out, but never toss it out with the trash.
    And they call us dumb in the south.
    When they put the locking screw in the MX versions of the 355/455 that was the best idea ever.
    Although we have one of them state contracts, lots of machines, lots of bags of hammers and rocks in that office.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The other light

Customer had AF1015 for years. Upgraded to MP1600. (basically the same machine). Calls few days later, yelling over the phone and says its a new machine, how can it be broken? I asks whats wrong and she says the light is on, and the machine doesn't do anything! I asked her what light and she tells me it almost looks like the toner light, but instead of the dots, it has horisontal lines in it. I told her to refill the paper and she was happy. (not even embarrased)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar
    A graphic customer asked me why he couldn't print with a color MFP a white writing on a blue sheet of paper put in the tray. I answered him which was the right percentage of yellow,cyan, magenta and black to obtain toner white!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    I have seen a couple cust. pull the DV unit out and dump it out, but never toss it out with the trash.
    And they call us dumb in the south.
    When they put the locking screw in the MX versions of the 355/455 that was the best idea ever.
    Although we have one of them state contracts, lots of machines, lots of bags of hammers and rocks in that office.
    LoL, been there done that. Had a out of town customer with a ARM355 and they did the same thing. Called all pissed off they had no toner and demanded i deliver them one right now. Had to tell them i was just a contractor for that machine and it had to be ordered through supplies and they don't let me stock their toner. 2 days later they call back frantic as ever, the machine won't work, we replaced the toner. It keeps saying replace cartridge. I show up read the insert developer cartridge msg, open the door and the DV unit is gone.

"Oh yea.... Were is the DV unit? You recycled it you say and already shipped it off......? See you in 2 days"

4 months later during a PM i found it in a bag stuck behind behind crap on a table i was clearning off to make room for my PM just covered in developer
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Technician
    Had a customer who had done some "research" on the internet and had read that if he sprayed a sheet of paper with WD40 and fed it through the copier that it would clean the copier!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oztech View Post
    Had a customer who had done some "research" on the internet and had read that if he sprayed a sheet of paper with WD40 and fed it through the copier that it would clean the copier!
    Did you start calling him "Slick" after that?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I am the shredder guy also. When I see one without an oiler or oil bottle near it, I ask how it is running. They say "Like crap". I explain how they must be oiled for every 15 min of use. They usually ask if they can use motor oil. That is why I make a lot of money working on shredders. Can you say"duh"?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Had a customer load the Large capacity feeder VERTICALLY! Don't know who had the patience to that standing reams on their side.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I swear sometimes people do stuff like that just to mess with your mind
    73 DE W5SSJ