Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    I had a customer plug the power strip back into itself and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. Is there such a thing as having a Negative IQ???
    Must've been one of those new fangled perpetual motion generators or sumthin...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Just a brick in the wall 100+ Posts Absurd's Avatar
    The customer was told as their new multifunction KM-1650 was installed to just use the cable from their old printer for the new one. A couple days go by and the network people call and tell me they cant get the printer online. So I call the office and after some questions we figure out that they had unplugged the cable from the wall and plugged it into the new copier so there was a cable going from the old printer to the new copier.
    Same customer about a month later calls once again telling me the copier is no longer on the network. So I call the office and after a few questions figure out that the network cable runs across a hallway and is plugged into the wall in another room. The kicker is they had been having lots of construction work being done and the guys had been rolling equipment and 2 wheelers across the cable and had completely cut it in half.

In both cases the IT people told me they didn't want to deal with the people in that office because they were just dumb when it came to stuff like this.
    Southern Duplicating of Mississippi
    PSN: DrAbsurd (if you know you know)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

olla86
    Do you have money?

Technician

Too Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Morlock49 View Post
    The best one I ever came across was a customer who called in about his sharp copier. He said the machine was calling for a pm, and so he serviced it, but he was now only getting blank copies.

When arrived at his office, he showed me this immaculately clean copier. He was really proud of his work, and when he showed me the inside, I almost fell on the floor laughing. He had emptied all the "black stuff" from the toner and dev units, washed and dried them, but the piece de resistance, Polished the drum to a high mirror bright aluminium finish.

Customers.....you gotta love them.
    Men from Mars, women from Venus! I have to say, I don't think there is a woman on this planet that would have been that ambitious about "cleaning" the copier!

lamboalex
    (after fixing the machine) "this is why you get paid the BIG bucks...."

big bucks? really???

lol

Technician
    the whole "ooouuu...uh..can i make a quick copy?" (sees i have the machine gutted with parts lying around me)

Technician
    errror code says replace fuser unit, customer replaced fuse in wall plug five times, it still has an error, wonder why?

OMD-227
    A mate told me once that he was working at an office where he was sent to a problem with a Lexmark SC1275 color laser printer. The display said 'PC life expired'.
    The client thinking this message meant their actual PC computer (which was reasonably old anyway) was 'out of date' and would no longer print to their printer, went out and purchased a new computer and was having trouble installing the drivers, which was the reason for the call-out.

A new PC unit was taken off their shelf, installed into the printer and off it went. Apparently the looks around the office was priceless. I can see why.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Xerox docucolor 4lp actually had a message that stated "machine at end of life" when the counter hit 250k you could reset it once so at 500k it was useless unless you replaced the main pwb.......
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    A mate told me once that he was working at an office where he was sent to a problem with a Lexmark SC1275 color laser printer. The display said 'PC life expired'.
    The client thinking this message meant their actual PC computer (which was reasonably old anyway) was 'out of date' and would no longer print to their printer, went out and purchased a new computer and was having trouble installing the drivers, which was the reason for the call-out.

A new PC unit was taken off their shelf, installed into the printer and off it went. Apparently the looks around the office was priceless. I can see why.

Stupidity is world wide. One of my customers told me a similar story. The printer said change PC, so the IT guy did, and called when the message did not go away.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking