Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
    End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    I had a customer wanting to print white on black paper. After a long fight with him, telling him that in can not be done, and him telling me what a piece of sh!t this machine is, i showed him the 4 toners and asked him "How do you mix white with these 4 colors?"
    He could add a black background to what he's printing if he's willing to pay the toner cost.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post
    I once had a customer ask if we had a copier that used less paper.
    There is, it's called double sided printing, uses 50% less paper.

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    He could add a black background to what he's printing if he's willing to pay the toner cost.
    Gave him that option but he had special paper. He wanted to print wedding cards

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    I had a customer wanting to print white on black paper. After a long fight with him, telling him that in can not be done, and him telling me what a piece of sh!t this machine is, i showed him the 4 toners and asked him "How do you mix white with these 4 colors?"
    Some of the old analogue Minolta's (4230/5400) had interchangeable dev units, so you could copy black and another colour, one of them was white! We only ever sold a couple of them but they did look impressive on dark paper

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    Working on a HP desktop color printer today (printer only) I am changing the toner at the end of the call, I have boxes and packaging all over the place. Somebody comes up behind me and fidgets, I turn around and look at her then she says it, can I just make a quick copy? I reply no it is a printer and does not have a scanner. She breathes deep and just stares for a bit then eventually leaves.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikon Princess View Post
    Working on a HP desktop color printer today (printer only) I am changing the toner at the end of the call, I have boxes and packaging all over the place. Somebody comes up behind me and fidgets, I turn around and look at her then she says it, can I just make a quick copy? I reply no it is a printer and does not have a scanner. She breathes deep and just stares for a bit then eventually leaves.
    I'd have stepped aside and said 'Sure', then giggle to myself. Good times.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    How did the Peanuts say it AAAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar
    I would say, sure...... I'd like to see how you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikon Princess View Post

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar
    I had a teacher at a High school come up to me, working on a PANASONIC copier, he asks.... So, how is our xerox? I responded, I dunno, this is a PANASONIC.

I had a couple of accounts when I worked in California say something similar, they looked at me walking into the place and say, the xerox guy is here, I stopped, turned around and asked Where?, they looked at me puzzled and said, you, I said, humm, I work on Kyocera machines, all the cases, they were teachers High School level or higher (college).
    And to think our future is learning from them :-)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar
    a number of years ago i had a really stroppy customer, who i used to take a lot of sh*t from. i was fixing her copier and she said i couldn't go until i had fixed it, even if it took all night, by this time i'd had enough, so i just said "fine...which side of the bed do you want!!!" after her initial shock..she just burst out laughing...never had any sh*t form her again....we became good friends...never did find out which side she preferred