Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

[QUOTE=hobietacker;391085]
    Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post
    I once had a customer ask if we had a copier that used less paper.[/QUOTE

with the copier disassembled on the floor and you can not even reach the copier, I have had countless clueless customers ask if they can run a copy., Are they just that freaking dumb or what.
    On a lighter note, I had just finished working on a machine and was wiping down the covers, and some guy came up and asked if he could make a copy. I replied "No, because the machine is off.". The guy got the weirdest look on his face and went away. I actually felt kind of bad about that for a little while.

"Jamming in the document feeder."

Doesn't sound wacky, or dumb on its own does it? No.

But when I get there and ask the contact what the issue is, they explain to me that when they use the document feeder, the paper jams in the vertical section, or in the tray.

Now, I don't know whether this is because the customer is unable to tell the difference between 'document feeder' and 'paper tray' or whether they get those terms mixed up, or whether it's a seriously terminal case of Chinese whispers over the phone to admin staff, but it annoys me every time.

Because I'll rummage through our stock bins looking for separation pads, rollers, the little plastic holders that break sometimes when your replacing that sep. roller, or the mylar that bends around the transport section after registration, but before the read section. And then I get out there and the tray baffle is shattered, or something.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar

Yup, you gotto learn each customers "Terminology". Believe me, also if you change regions, like in West Coast users call things a certain way, then in the Midwest, st is a diferent term all together, you kind of have to re-learn all the stuff again with the local termslol

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Had a funny one last week.
    I was working on a 3045 for CQ issues and had the drum and DV out while describing to the office manageer the problem
    An employee walks over and asks if she can make a copy.
    I told her no, the machine is in pieces and to use the 2238C across the room.
    She gave me a puzzled look and asked if it made B/W copies?

The office manager and I looked @ each other and rolled our eyes in sync then broke out laughing.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by ignacio.cortez View Post
    Yup, you gotto learn each customers "Terminology". Believe me, also if you change regions, like in West Coast users call things a certain way, then in the Midwest, st is a diferent term all together, you kind of have to re-learn all the stuff again with the local terms lol.
    Unfortunately, I have a terrible memory, and we seem to go so long between service calls for almost every customer. Coming up to Christmas, most businesses start winding down operations, so it starts to get a little 'Q word'. But the last couple of months have been like this.

I'm usually prepared now, for whatever jamming issue someone has, but it does annoy me a bit.

I think for the most part, our customers are intelligent enough to know OHT's don't perform very well when double sided. No-one is game enough to modify plug with our 240V standard. And no-one has the balls to completely disassemble the machine and claim it's the power supply.

In the grand scheme of things, I think we, in our office, have it pretty easy.

We do get a lot of people asking for just a copy, or can it still scan though.

We had just got a new owner and his wife, the ones that you can not tell anything to, and she was using the copier (Adler 220re, Mita 312re). Well she came to me and told me to fix the copier because it was jamming and she was tired of it, I went to the machine and ran all sorts of copies and no jam. I ask her to come and show me how it was jamming. She picked up a couple of papers and put them in the bypass and pressed the start button, there she said, the doc feeder does not work. I then had to explain that she had put the papers in the bypass and this machine does not have a document feeder installed on it. The look on her face.....Price Less.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

I had a customer on the phone with an error code on her KonMin C252. I told her if she was to open and close the front door, that should clear the code.
    She put the phone down and was gone for about a minute, (the copier is right beside her desk).
    When she got back she said "That didn't work".
    I said again, "Opening and closing the front door should clear it".
    She said, "Well, I opened both doors".
    I said, "There is only one door on the front".
    She then said, "Yes, I opened the front door, and the door in the foyer and it didn't clear the code".
    Doing my best not to laugh out loud, I told her I meant the front door on the copier.
    It still makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    She then said, "Yes, I opened the front door, and the door in the foyer and it didn't clear the code".

There is no way this can be true.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    There is no way this can be true.
    It is 100% true. Why would I make it up?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    It is 100% true. Why would I make it up?
    You just can't make up stuff like that - it's too stupid
    73 DE W5SSJ