Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Went to see a customer about an MX200D that was having a jamming issue. I cleared the jam, and cleaned up the machine. After I was done I started to ask the normal exit questions. Is there anything else I can do? Do you need toner? Etc.... This nice lady asked me "could you please make the machine faster?" To which I replied " Yes ma'am. I just happen to have a voltage controller in my bag that will increase the power input to the copier and make it faster". She looked at me and said " Wow that would be great". I just stood there and looked at the other lady in the office as she was busting a gut laughing.

Some days it doesn't pay to be a smart ass.

stevendouglass

Can I use the machine; while they stared at the machine in pieces.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by stevendouglass View Post
    Can I use the machine; while they stared at the machine in pieces.
    Sometimes I'll try to use this analogy: So if you took your car to the mechanic and the transmission was on the bench disassembled, would you ask the mechanic if you could take a quick trip to the grocery store? It will only take 10 minutes?

Most of the time the same individuals that cannot understand why they cannot use the copier also do not get the point of this analogy.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    Went to see a customer about an MX200D that was having a jamming issue. I cleared the jam, and cleaned up the machine. After I was done I started to ask the normal exit questions. Is there anything else I can do? Do you need toner? Etc.... This nice lady asked me "could you please make the machine faster?" To which I replied " Yes ma'am. I just happen to have a voltage controller in my bag that will increase the power input to the copier and make it faster". She looked at me and said " Wow that would be great". I just stood there and looked at the other lady in the office as she was busting a gut laughing.

Some days it doesn't pay to be a smart ass.
    I would have stuck my meter leads into vents in the back of the machine and made my meter beep a little, then tell her the best I could do 3/4 impulse. Warp engines are offline and it will cost $250.00 to repair the warp coils.

Sometimes you have to ride a joke if there is someone else around to get a great laugh.
    You will get a supporter forever.
    Obviously I am a Trekker. There are many of us out there.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    I would have stuck my meter leads into vents in the back of the machine and made my meter beep a little, then tell her the best I could do 3/4 impulse. Warp engines are offline and it will cost $250.00 to repair the warp coils.

Sometimes you have to ride a joke if there is someone else around to get a great laugh.
    You will get a supporter forever.
    Obviously I am a Trekker. There are many of us out there.
    on a side note....glad to see you called yourself the right term: Trekker...don't know where this "Trekkie" thing came from

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    on a side note....glad to see you called yourself the right term: Trekker...don't know where this "Trekkie" thing came from
    The same place that the "Whoie" thing came from.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

metis in pieces.jpg

There I was, kneeling on the floor in front of this when a teacher came up and started looking to see if her prints have come out, I stated the obvious "It's not working at the moment", she looked down at me and asked "Oh, is there an engineer working on it?"
    That'll be this idiot kneeling on the floor with her hands covered in bloody toner!!!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    metis in pieces.jpg

There I was, kneeling on the floor in front of this when a teacher came up and started looking to see if her prints have come out, I stated the obvious "It's not working at the moment", she looked down at me and asked "Oh, is there an engineer working on it?"
    That'll be this idiot kneeling on the floor with her hands covered in bloody toner!!!
    Keep your sense of humor, Debs; take two aspirins and you'll fine in the AM!
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Good old teachers.

I used to help my dad work on those duplicating machines where you used carbons and they made those blue printouts. They actually had a hand crank on them to make it run. A teacher kept complainging that the paper was getting caught, and then demonstrated over and over again how it got caught. My dad showed her how to do it, saying, "you just have to slow it down a little. This machine isn't made to go that fast." He ripped off ten or twenty without a problem.

She tried it, just as fast as she had tried it before, and the paper got caught.

Again, he told her to slow it down.

She got angry, said, "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GO THAT SLOW!" and stormed out.

Technician

Automatic karma.

My client called me because the machine jammed sheets all the time, when I arrive I realize they are misconfigured sizes of paper in the tray. I did not have a good day and was running from one client to another. angry and told him as I might make such a long trip nonsense like that. as they realize that mistake. I had gone to the service on a motorcycle. when I'm getting the bike stopped suddenly without knowing what to do call the towing service. the trailer comes after about 45 minutes when it starts to get basic things like ask. you charge gasoline on his bike? Of course I am a qualified Ricoh service with many years of technical experience, and tells me that. we loaded the bike in the truck, after a long stretch, he says. I bet $ 10 that if we stopped at a service station gasoline and put your problem is fixed. Ok I said and I was doubting myself. and this is how that day I lost $ 10 and end with the red face of shame. We were in a gentleman's agreement that did not have to say anything about it because it would have to kill him. Lol.

Moral, one can also have a bad day, never urinate against the wind.