Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Me- there are staples stuck in the adf again, is there any way you can train your users not to throw removed staples wherever they want?
    Customer- what do you mean? We dont throw staples in the machine.
    Me- well someones aim got better this week.Attachment 32692
    Nice... Check behind the MFD and confirm that the machine is not plugged into a power board/strip. The staples will flow into the plug contacts and light up the machine an everything around the area that is metal. I told one customer to turn the power board over or place something over it to stop all on the staples from going into the power board. There must have been close to 1/2 thick layer of staples full length behind the machine and the metal cabinet bench top where they removed the staples. They need to rake the cleaning firm over the coals or sack the cleaner.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

I cleaned it all up. I have to check next week and see if they are still reckless slobs.tmp_19192-20160425_141601-170740511.jpg

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

"The thing said empty waste toner, so I threw away the toner." - All teachers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

After numerous calls for ADF jams finally found the user that was having all the problems. "you mean the machine doesn't have a staple remover?"

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I had a customer that complained that the Canon RADF-D1 would not remove the staple from the last two pages of a set of originals. When I asked her to demonstrate, she put a ~35 page stapled set in the RADF and hit start. The RADF was so effective at separation that it would rip each page out of the staple, then copy it, and recycle it. When it got to the end, the last two would feed through together.

It took a lot of explaining to get through to her that the RADF is not designed to remove staples, and that she should not expect it to do so.

I was amazed how effective it was at ripping the paper out of the staples. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Head of physics dept at major university complained that machine jammed when making two sided transparencies! I'm dead serious!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Ah, the duplexed transparency phenom, amazingly I've had engineers on two occasions stymied by the same problem.

Recently I set a device up at a small customers office. A royal PIA, the partner in charge of IT had no idea that fax and print jacks weren't the same, no clue what network settings I needed. We (I) got him and his users set up to scan to a folder, had to browse to map the drives. Days later he called and needed assistance to add a user's laptop, so I called him back. I explained how I browsed the network, he was there at the time when I did it initially, and he paused, and asked me for his network name! SMH!

I was setting up scanning on a Copystar one day, and I had one of those endusers that wants to hear an explanation of what every single button, every single option does. When we got to Scanning > Duplex Originals she asked me how she could view two sided scans. I explained that we sold a special monitor that had screens on both sides, so she could view both sides of the scan. It has a swivel at the center like one of those two sided mirrors, so it's very easy to flip over to view the other side.

The grin lurking at the corners of my mouth gave me away though, and I had to confess that I was only kidding. =^..^=

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I was setting up scanning on a Copystar one day, and I had one of those endusers that wants to hear an explanation of what every single button, every single option does. When we got to Scanning > Duplex Originals she asked me how she could view two sided scans. I explained that we sold a special monitor that had screens on both sides, so she could view both sides of the scan. It has a swivel at the center like one of those two sided mirrors, so it's very easy to flip over to view the other side.

The grin lurking at the corners of my mouth gave me away though, and I had to confess that I was only kidding. =^..^=
    You should have put a KM product in there....you CAN see the 2 sided scan images on the control panel...LOL Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

The call was for CA00 (color registration failure) and blank images on a Toshy eS2500C. In this situation I usually pull the transfer belt to see which color isn't developing the patches very well. To my surprise, there weren't any patches.

When I removed the cyan imaging unit the answer became obvious.

CA00 Blank copies eS2500C.JPG

This enduser has had problems with the waste toner bottle before. Yesterday, after emptying the bottle and capping it up, they re-installed it in the machine! I guess that it won't need emptying anymore, if the toner can't get in the bottle. The cyan drum unit had seized, stalling the drum motor. No drum rotation, no patches, no color registration, no image. =^..^=