Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Post Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

I got a call that black wasn't black.when I got there the colour was more a grey blue colour.
    after thinking about this I found that the black in the dev was that colour..
    wondering how that happened I heard they ran out of black toner and took the waste out of the waste box and put it back into
    the black toner cartridge and put back into mc. (colour machine)

also had ppl putting cyan into the black cart slot on colour machines..black is a nice cyan..and still ask me if it will click a colour click...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by petermays View Post
    I got a call that black wasn't black.when I got there the colour was more a grey blue colour.
    after thinking about this I found that the black in the dev was that colour..
    wondering how that happened I heard they ran out of black toner and took the waste out of the waste box and put it back into
    the black toner cartridge and put back into mc. (colour machine)

also had ppl putting cyan into the black cart slot on colour machines..black is a nice cyan..and still ask me if it will click a colour click...
    A while back got a call on a charge customers machine. It was a new customer too. I get there and open the cover. Every single toner is a black toner. Some smart ass had decided they needed the copier to run no matter what. So they cut the interlocks on the black toners to be able to pushe them in all the way and then they cheated the interlocks to override the wrong toner cartridge being inserted. Now the really funny part was the person who placed the calll wanted to know why it would not print out color copies. And even more fun was they were not under contract and had to pay us to tell them how much ot would cost to "repair the color function" Yes three drums three developer units and three developer powders. And the fun part was they also needed a new transfer belt. It was over the recommended service life by double copy count. Not a happy company owner. Even refused to pay the initial service call . Because we did not fix or service anything on the machine. And just to give all the other techs in the office a good laugh I took pictures of the machine and the four black toners installed in place of one each red,yellow and blue toners.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gneebore View Post
    A while back got a call on a charge customers machine. It was a new customer too. I get there and open the cover. Every single toner is a black toner. Some smart ass had decided they needed the copier to run no matter what. So they cut the interlocks on the black toners to be able to pushe them in all the way and then they cheated the interlocks to override the wrong toner cartridge being inserted. Now the really funny part was the person who placed the calll wanted to know why it would not print out color copies. And even more fun was they were not under contract and had to pay us to tell them how much ot would cost to "repair the color function" Yes three drums three developer units and three developer powders. And the fun part was they also needed a new transfer belt. It was over the recommended service life by double copy count. Not a happy company owner. Even refused to pay the initial service call . Because we did not fix or service anything on the machine. And just to give all the other techs in the office a good laugh I took pictures of the machine and the four black toners installed in place of one each red,yellow and blue toners.

Are you sure someone dicked up a color machine? Sounds like a really bad assed suped up black and white machine. 4 black toners must mean it can print 4 times better. I used to have a car with 2 carburetors and duel exhaust.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Are you sure someone dicked up a color machine? Sounds like a really bad assed suped up black and white machine. 4 black toners must mean it can print 4 times better. I used to have a car with 2 carburetors and duel exhaust.
    mmmmmmmmm 1975 Ford Torino blocked/bored/blueprinted pushed 600hp loved the dual Cherry Bombs

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...37227422932229

In my first year back in the days of Analog copiers we had a client book a call with the displays language in Italian rather than English. Upon visiting it was revealed the user thought the language option meant it would convert a "photocopied" document to the chosen language! In this case English to Italian... #MAGIC!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    mmmmmmmmm 1975 Ford Torino blocked/bored/blueprinted pushed 600hp loved the dual Cherry Bombs

Those were the days, men were men and women were glad of it and cars like that accelerated like a 747, handled like the Manly ferry and stopped like a cat on wet lino. I miss the good old days
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

Niiiice but the date on the video was three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Those were the days, men were men and women were glad of it and cars like that accelerated like a 747, handled like the Manly ferry and stopped like a cat on wet lino. I miss the good old days
    me too! back then I gave the cops a run for their money!

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Niiiice but the date on the video was three years ago.
    yeah that wasn't my car same color ....

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Re. Muscle cars. I know exactly what you're talking about.
    I had a fully deck out(pimped) HQ V8 Sandman panel van in my day, crush velvet interior,
    double bed with wall mounted TV in the back of the van; was very cool for its day back then.

The only thing those high speed muscle cars couldn't drive past was fuel bowser....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••