Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Re: What is the dumbist customer comment/question you've heard?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re. Muscle cars. I know exactly what you're talking about.
    I had a fully deck out(pimped) HQ V8 Sandman panel van in my day, crush velvet interior,
    double bed with wall mounted TV in the back of the van; was very cool for its day back then.

They only thing those high speed muscle cars couldn't drive past was fuel bowser....
    What, no water bed full of Blue Nun or Cold Duck?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    What, no water bed full of Blue Nun or Cold Duck?
    No water bed...

Re Blue Nun and Cold Duck .
    I had a couple of Hot and Cold Ducks in the van though. ...aaah memories....
    One was Blue cause she had Nun. We were "finally" able to address undress that problem though.

I have some fond memories from that car....

One finally got me married...

I would luv to tell the story of my wife(now) an I back then, an how we got caught in the back of the van by the local authority. We were both about 18,19 years old. Funny as...
    Moral of the story : we needed to find a better hiding place to park...

True story....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

No water bed...

I have some fond memories from that car....
    If this vans a rockin' don't bother knocking!!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    If this vans a rockin' don't bother knocking!!
    haha yeah!... I have some fond and also some not so fond memories from that old van....

I won't tell the one about a super hot girlfriends father who found our van hiding place.... HOLY SH!T!!!.
    I've never seen a bloke so seriously p!ssed.
    I mean seriously , seriously p!ssed.

I never married that one, but she did ask me to stick around, an I would have, but I said your O/M's shot gun is really off-putting, sorry.

Anecdotes galore with regards to the old V8 HQ Sandman....

Looking back laughing: it was all harmless fun with car loads of youths just finding their life paths...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

My HQ van only had a 202 but did have fake leopard skin in the back. Mrs Lagonda took one look at the state of the mattress in the back and refused to get in there Aah, the good old days....what did happen to my youth?

I think we might have got a bit off topic

haha yeah!... I have some fond and also some not so fond memories from that old van....

I won't tell the one about a super hot girlfriends father who found our van hiding place.... HOLY SH!T!!!.
    I've never seen a bloke so seriously p!ssed.
    I mean seriously , seriously p!ssed.

I never married that one, but she did ask me to stick around, an I would have, but I said your O/M's shot gun is really off-putting, sorry.

Anecdotes galore with regards to the old V8 HQ Sandman....

Looking back laughing: it was all harmless fun with car loads of youths just finding their life paths...

Reminds me of the movie "Clueless". Cher's father's remark to Christian, taking her out on a date:

"If anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel...and I doubt very much anyone would miss you!"

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts larweedad's Avatar

Had a costumer call and said they can not fax. When I arrived, All my faxes worked fine even the out of town faxes. Looked at the history on the copier, I noticed all out of town faxes did not have a 1 or area code. I talked to the costumer ( young female guessing a teenager) about dialing a 1 then the area code. She said "but I don't have to when I use my cell phone."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by larweedad View Post
    Had a costumer call and said they can not fax. When I arrived, All my faxes worked fine even the out of town faxes. Looked at the history on the copier, I noticed all out of town faxes did not have a 1 or area code. I talked to the costumer ( young female guessing a teenager) about dialing a 1 then the area code. She said "but I don't have to when I use my cell phone."
    Reminds me of one customer we had a while back when internet based phones were just being used, think Vonage. Well we had a customer with a desktop copier with a fax option. Got a call to fix it since they could not send and receive faxes to some long distance numbers and some local numbers too. I get there and test it by sending to our office. Get our secretary to return send since it worked fine. send a test to one of their numbers and connected fine and printed the confirmation page. So I had them sign the paperwork and then left. And explained that any machine that can send and receive locally is working fine they probably had phone problems. So I wrote a bill since they were not under contract and left. Had to go back twice more. Third time I actually used their fax to dial my cell phone. And surprise got a "unknown caller" message on my cell display. Showed it to the office manager and asked if I could call one of the offices they were unable to send to. Yeap that company had been getting so many spam faxes that they put a block on all calls with an "unknown caller or caller id blocked" on their phones so they could avoid getting the spammers sending fifty to a hundred pages of spam faxes with their computer software at night. We actually had to do it too on our office fax because one holiday weekend came in on Monday and the received fax tray was full of faxes from a cruise company sending "vacation package deals" I finally explained that their setup instructions actually explained that the fax machine needed to be set up on a single use phone line(which they actually had when we sold and installed the fax machine six months earlier) and not as part of a computerized phone system no matter what their computer expert said. If they had a problem then he was the one to "fix the program and the computer hardware/software." Their fax machine was working properly. And yes they called him and he insisted I come back and prove it to him otherwise we had to fix a defective fax machine. I flat out told the customer if I came back and had to waste time telling the computer expert when she could show him the set up instructions herself that they were going to pay for my time. I had several more problems with the computer jerk. Until he finally switched his base of operations out of our area and we did not hear from him again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Had a call yesterday that the customer in a small office, could no longer scan to their computers, found out that they had just updated to 4 brand new computers, and of course their IT did not set up scanning to them.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    Had a call yesterday that the customer in a small office, could no longer scan to their computers, found out that they had just updated to 4 brand new computers, and of course their IT did not set up scanning to them.
    Yup. That's definitely your fault. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=