Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar

Talking The Way Government Works

The Chicago Way

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; One from Chicago, one from Tennessee and a third from Kentucky. They all go with a White House official to examine the fence. The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well", he says, "I figure the job will run about $900.00: $400 for my crew, $400 for materials and $100 profit for me." The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700.00: $300 for my crew, $300.00 for materials and $100 profit for me." The Chicago contractor dosen't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2700.00." The official incredulous, whispers back "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?" The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence," "Done!" replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how it works in Chicago!!
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

:)

Get the guy from Chicago to do something for the Salt Marsh Harvest Mouse too, k?

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker