Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts Raymondd's Avatar

Curious About pay scale?

Guys & Gals,

I am trying to get an average pay scale across the board. We are a small company about 30 employees.

(Family owned) I wanted to know what you guys are paying entry level techs and sales persons. We are not in the recession yet.

We offer full medical for the employees and a 401K

Just wanted to see if we are in the Dinosaurs age?

Any feed back is welcome!!

Ray

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    You have already made me want to apply. I would tell you what I get, but I don't want the other techs to laugh at me........ Hey I am not kidding!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    Once I've paid my mortgage, bills, bought enough cigarettes to feed my monster habit whilst simulteneously killing me softly and got buggered blue by the tax man for my company vehicle and fuel, I'm lucky if I can afford a Ginsters pasty.

In all seriousness though, we pay very little for the trainee workshop engineers and they don't get a car or mobile phone obviously, but it does get better after that. The redeeming feature is that the cost of living in the North is a fraction of what it is in the Sarf.

However, we don't get medical (we have the good old Nation 'ealth) and I have no idea what a 401k is or what to do with it. We do get all of our fuel paid for though, which is nice.

I couldn't even hazard a guess at what we pay sales people, but no doubt it's far too much for the little that they do - they see "their" customer once every 3-5 years whereas we spend half of our lives pacifying the bastards and the other half trying to get salesmen off their arses to ring them about an easy upgrade which we've pretty much done for them already. And the less said about some of the dreadful shirts that they wear the better.

I suppose that that is a whole other rant in itself, but I got caught up in the moment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Curious About pay scale?

Fully trained tech get above standard witch is 450$. Monthly payment vary from company to company and that is from 600 to 1000$

Thanks for the replys!!!

Fix come on down...

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    our techs start with a cell phone (thats how we clear calls) a laptop for service manuals and flashing, car allowance, medical insurance, 401K (matching). we will train a raw tech on site or send them if we need and starting pay is in the $13 to 15 an hour range. Got to admit there aren't a lot of complaints. After break in the techs also qualify for a performance based bonus.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Curious About pay scale?

Our base level tech will get $18 to $20 per hour, mobile phone (unlocked but sensible use please) laptop, pants and shirts, $600 per month fixed car allowance and 32 cents per Km. Also get 9% superanuation, not that thats worth much after the suits pissed it up against the wall.
    The MD who couldn't decide which of his 5 cars to drive into work today has just said due to the economic downturn there will be no salary reveiw this year.
    Fortuantly I've just got rid of the mortgage but unfortuantly I've still got the wife so I might just squeak through for another year.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    good starting pay, generous car allowance and per km payout. I think I'm moving to australia. We had No salary review this year.... or last year .....or the year before. by the way.... not complaing here there are a lot worse places to work. This is a really good company to work for, just how things are sometimes.
    Last edited by 20YRSEXP; 04-08-2009 at 12:08 PM.

I second 20yrs thoughts. Whats the cost of living DOWN UNDER? LOL

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Wow, sounds like I don't have it as good as I thought. We're in a small market so maybe that counts for the less pay, but our health insurance is passable and the 401k match is a percentage of a percent. Better than not having anything at all though. The grass is always greener....