Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tool bags

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Tool bags

I dont know for weight since am carrying this baby
    Zoom Picture - Ck Engineers Rigid Service Tool Case except myne dont have yellow finishes

I cant fell my arm sometimes bit its giving me a confidence since thers a lot of thing in there and only thing to blame is ME when i forget something to put in toolbox i need on a call . Mybe i miss that i cant put laptop but god gave me and second hand

E Winter

Technician
    Hi
    I started out with a hard case but with the introduction of the laptop I tried a few different types of cases, but I have a side bag with a shoulder strap, other guys have laptop back packs.
    Everyone carries the smallest amount of tools in a pencilcase or something similar.
    we all carry cleaning equipment can of foam, glass cleaner, alcohol and lub. Cleaning clothes, meter ( small calculator type).
    Anyone with a trolley type case should be shot, as they drag it around with no concern of the carnage they leave in thier wake.

E Winter
    Anyone with a trolley type case should be shot, as they drag it around with no concern of the carnage they leave in thier wake.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Re: Tool bags

Hi all,

I am looking for some ideas for a good all round tool bag. Would be great if it has wheels and the option to carry as a backpack when running up stairs. Interested to see what the latest trend around the world is with all the additional electronic gadgets that we have to carry these days.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Tool bags

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scott View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking for some ideas for a good all round tool bag. Would be great if it has wheels and the option to carry as a backpack when running up stairs. Interested to see what the latest trend around the world is with all the additional electronic gadgets that we have to carry these days.
    Try searching Platt tool cases. They are a major manufacturer of cases and have been around over 40 years.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Tool bags

Used to have a soft bag for tools and a separate bag for laptop. Got tired of lugging them and vac around, got a backpack from TecraTools.

Backpack Tool Case - Tecra Tools The nice thing is I can get my laptop and cord in there with my tools, cleaning supplies, paperwork, etc. One less bag to carry, for which my knees are greatfull - albeit too late to help them much.....

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I am a tool whore. The more space I have, the more shit I will put in it. Best case was made by Pelican. One of those military grade ones, cost $165 empty. Very durable. I could drive my truck over it, and with me that could be a possibility. Just emptied enough tools out of my truck to build a tank with. A lot was for shredders. Am down to a shoulder sling map pouch. Have meters, dremels, and other special items in small Pelicans.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking