Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vista Tech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    I had a customer who insisted that I wasn't going to leave until I had fixed the copier "even if it took all night". I replied fine, which side of the bed do you prefer to sleep on. She sat down & shut up when her colleagues started to rib her !
    HAHAHA Classic! I'm so gonna use that if it ever comes up in the future.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Not to be a killjoy, wet blanket, prude, etc.., but I'd be really careful with that one.

While it's very clever, you just could wind up in the middle of a sexual harassment suit.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Not to be a killjoy, wet blanket, prude, etc.., but I'd be really careful with that one.

While it's very clever, you just could wind up in the middle of a sexual harassment suit.
    Yeah, you could sue her for suggesting that she would hold you there against your will all night. Good call, Ken. I would have never thought of that angle...

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Notice that I didn't say which side of the suit you'd be on...
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Notice that I didn't say which side of the suit you'd be on...
    Yeah, I kinda figured you meant it the other way. Here, this might help:

Joke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar
    once had a cust who had a smaller copier that was 8yrs old at the time.
    whenever it went down he would make like it was the most important thing to his office, always infront of his colleagues. Once while in the middle of a large repair job, he loudly insisted we should supply a loaner.
    While on one knee, with one arm in the copier, I reached into my left shirt pocket, drew out a pen with the company name on it, and asked if this model would do!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    One that just bugs me, is you get a call, it says on the call screen emergency, get out to the call, the office is closed, locked, and all you get when you call numbers is voice mail, happens a lot at local university

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    One that just bugs me, is you get a call, it says on the call screen emergency, get out to the call, the office is closed, locked, and all you get when you call numbers is voice mail, happens a lot at local university
    The ones that used to irritate me are when customers would run out of toner without having any cartridges in stock, call to have more toner delivered expecting that all techs just carried toner for all models in their cars and then come unglued when the supply person told them it would be coming UPS the next day. Then they would call service and place a BS call and say "by the way, tell the technician to bring toner". Then they would get super pissed when the dispatcher would try to explain to them that the technicians don't carry toner and they're out in the field anyways.

Someone really smart once said, "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

Amen, reverend...

Benoit

Will give you an office

When a customer ask me if they should set up an office for me i say go ahead for the same amount that my boss gives me i only have 1 machine to repair ,that's a good deal where do i sign????

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    My policy is to call the customer when I get the call on my phone email and set an approximate time of arrival. Sometimes it works very well...like today when I was able to fix two calls over the phone.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.