Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    A few years ago I installed a Canon imageRUNNER with Universal Send at a CPA firm, and all went well.

A few days later we did a courtesy call to make sure life was still good, and one of the users said, "It scans great, except that when I scan Excel files, it doesn't copy my formulas."

Wait...What???
    OBVIOUSLY an academic....
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    We Have a Winner for the Dumbest User Post!!!

Years ago (I'm thinking early '90's) I got a call for blank copies on a Toshiba (735? or something like that). The copier was located in a small machine shop in the guts of Detroit. Customer called for blank copies, and sure enough were when I tested it. I took out the drum and noticed how extra shiny it was and made a comment about it to the owner. He said matter of fact, "yeah, we were getting lines so I put it on the lathe to clean it up". I don't remember if I laughed or cried - or both - and didn't bother to mention the Selenium dust he probably inhaled was detrimental to his IQ - it wouldn't had made a difference.....

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    Years ago (I'm thinking early '90's) I got a call for blank copies on a Toshiba (735? or something like that). The copier was located in a small machine shop in the guts of Detroit. Customer called for blank copies, and sure enough were when I tested it. I took out the drum and noticed how extra shiny it was and made a comment about it to the owner. He said matter of fact, "yeah, we were getting lines so I put it on the lathe to clean it up". I don't remember if I laughed or cried - or both - and didn't bother to mention the Selenium dust he probably inhaled was detrimental to his IQ - it wouldn't had made a difference.....

Listen to the end (If you don't know this already)... The last line just about sums it up!!

So, care to sign that doner card mum?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Ricoh dual component toner into an Oce' that, like most Oce's, ran monocomponent. Yep, with no developer to hold the toner, it almost completely dispersed into the machine cavity.

3 g-d times!

The OPC ass'y was a 6'-8' belt on a frame about the size of a small block V-8; pulled the whole thing out and crawled inside with a vacuum. Upside, it was close to home so I milked those calls for all they were worth.

Technician
    if theres a screwdriver involved they shouldn't touch it!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Um...I took out all the paper and now I can't print...LMAO.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Customer used a pair of long (12") needle nose pliers to get the Bounce dryer sheet out when they had a jam.

Yes, they proceeded to pull out the web and stripped several web drive gears in the process.
    :crying:

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_sacrifice View Post
    15 minutes later - customer "The machine is still not working, you said you fixed it?"
    me "But it is come let me show you"
    customer "That`s not the machine, it`s the one down the hall"
    me "This is the machine you called on, the serial number is correct"
    customer "Well I couldn't find the serial number on that machine so I used this one, hope you don`t mind"
    Heard that more than once!

Had a customer decide to run a piece of iron-on transfer paper through an Aficio 1045. When I got there, they were poking at the fuser hot roller with a paper clip.
    Last edited by jonhiker; 08-31-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    This thread reminds me of two Bonehead customers. First one had Developer, which overzealous supply salesmen sold him sitting in his closet, he figured it was about tome copier needed it. So he loaded it in without removing the old, it bound up all the gears. I asked him why he decided to try to install it and he replied it was there. Second customer spilled a bottle of toner in his office then proceeded to try to vacuum with a Hoover. When I got there he expected me to clean it up. Then he called office wanting to know who was going to pay for the repainting of his office.