Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I like the ones sold with a wireless kit. Then when you get there you just plug it into the wired jack located beside where they wanted the machine. "But they want to print from their laptops..."
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    A customer with a lot of money wanted to buy a few machines from us, including a C5501 with a basic finisher and LCT. A coworker and I go to meet the delivery guy and the first problem we encounter is the building is so ancient, there is no way to get the machine main body through any of the first floor doors...we end up having to drag the machine from the back alley, down into the underground parkade, and 20 minutes later as we navigate that, we get it on an elevator and up to the 23rd floor. Once we get the machine to that floor, we find out the customer was not told by the sales rep the proper power requirements. This machine requires 220V 20A. The customer was told 120V 20A.

In the end, the machine sat at this place for 2 weeks, waiting for the customer to arrange an electrician to come in and drop the line. Again, the age of the building being ancient, to drop a 220V 20A line in would cost a hefty $1500. The machine has just been returned to us (along with the other 3 C452s) and is now sitting in our warehouse, collecting dust.

That sales rep was let go as a result of not doing his damn homework.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

WOETC
    I know this will sound like a fairy tale, but at one place I worked we had a salesman, who told the truth about the machines and his sales were fine. He thanked the technical staff for all the support they gave him, and took them all to a resort for a weekend with their families. His sales skyrocketed the following year, because he only had to say the word and it was done.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WOETC View Post
    I know this will sound like a fairy tale, but at one place I worked we had a salesman, who told the truth about the machines and his sales were fine. He thanked the technical staff for all the support they gave him, and took them all to a resort for a weekend with their families. His sales skyrocketed the following year, because he only had to say the word and it was done.

What was the name of the princess and who slayed the dragon?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Xena, Warrior Princess ?Xena.jpg
    Kevin900

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    The salesman said what?

hmm... she holds the sword like a toothpick, maybe someone should save her from injuring herself :P
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I liked her more in Battle Star Galactica.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Well when i worked for a dealer i told the sales manager that all salesmen should ride with the technicians for 2 weeks to see shat we have to deal with. Surprisingly enough( i found out later he started as a tech and hurting his back made him leave the service end) he made them do it. Most finally understood that lying to the customer made it impossible for us to do our job so most figured it out, and I got lunch free for those weeks.
    the few A#$#%%^&* that didn't get it didn't last long as the service manager who loved this idea made them meet us at the site and explain to the customer infront of us that they were mistaken and sorry. We tried our best to make it work but if it couldn't then the company made restitution to the customer and the salesman had to cover it. It was a good place to work. Only one slaesguy was a real piece of work and he somehow missed my leaving an account 4 hours away from the office. I got in trouble for it ( to an extent) but he didn't stay the week. As for my present situation everyone here is a technician, if you can't fix it then you can't work here. Its really alot of fun as we break each others balls all the time if we need to call for help.