Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar

firearms refresher course

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.3 Colt: The original point and click interface.4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.7. "Free" men do not ask permission to bear arms. 8. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? 12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.14. Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.18. Assault is a behavior, not a device. 19. Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.23. Repeal the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves. 25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.26. "A government of the people, by the people, for the people..."
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Hang on a minute! Since when is everyone being armed a good thing? Why is it good that almost anyone can buy firearms that can kill many very quickly (such as semi-autos etc.)? What happens if someone has an argument with a family member or something and then shoots them dead - and then 10 minutes later cools down and realises what they have done over what was a minor disagreement? Why is it that school kids can get easy access to high powered weapons?

I am not saying that farmers, police, gun club members and such should not have guns. But why does your average man in the street need a gun? I think the more guns in general circulation the worse off you are.

In Australia we have (fairly) sensible gun laws - WE DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE HALF-BRAINS LIKE DUBYA RULE THE ROOST AND SHOOT OR BOMB ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T THINK THE WAY THEY DO!!!

There are a lot of good things about the US - the generosity of the people, the innovative ideas, etc. - but everyone having the right to pack heat - no thanks.

Anyway, I respect your right to speak (as long as you respect my right to backchat).

Kendall.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    firearms refresher course

First and for most I respect everyone's right to their opinion and rebutal! Thanks CMB for the refresher. Wagon thanks for your reply. As an American I agree with CMB. In the US as any other country if you have the money you can get it. The Gov only makes it difficult for the law abiding citizen to aquire the same firearm. In my state you have to apply for a permit to buy a handgun. Once you have that then you have to pass city/county/state safty and background checks to actually buy and have at home let alone a concelled carry permit. THERE ARE NO DRUG DEALERS OR THUGS OR TERRORISTS GOING THROUGH THESE CHECKS! Now if anyone thinks we should ban guns, just who would really turn in their guns?? The good law abidding people would. The bad guy's are not giving his up. Yes bad things can happen to good people with guns, but bad things have happened at family gatherings when they carved the Turkey too. They can take my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands !!

Yes, I agree, the strictest of laws only ever effect the good guys - but what I was trying to say is sometimes even good people have moments of stupidity that are magnified and made permanent if a firearm is involved. You have a reasonable chance of disarming someone with a knife or a baseball bat or perhaps even a bow + arrow but the chances of stopping someone with a gun? Unless you are armed and shoot first! I like the fact I can give a w#$ker driver the finger in traffic (in Australia) and not have to worry about them shooting me dead at the next set of traffic lights. Can you do that in the US?

There will always be nutters, crims and terrorists who can get guns, no matter how strict the laws. How often do 'normal civilians' get involved in gun-use violence when they are just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

However, to be fair, the statistics on gun ownership and related deaths can be interesting reading - parts of Europe have mass firearm ownership, with very low fatality rates - even lower than, say, Australia. I think attitude, culture and socioeconomic circumstances make it more dangerous in the US. The have nots often want to take from the haves, and arming them enables them to do it easily. Fix that problem and maybe things will be safer for all. WORLDWIDE. Anyway, enough of my crapping on for now, things won't fix themselves on my bench.

Kendall.

PS
    Q: What is the biggest earner for the US economy?

A: Weapons manufacturing.

How sad.

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    this is what makes AMERICA so great. its happened once with the british. it could(but maybe not) happen again with another group looking to take over. what are you going to do when they come walking up your street in your neighborhood? run out with a fist full of kitchen knives and silverware to fight them off?? not me! i got a few guns i use for hunting and self protection and a box full of ammo for each. i may not get them all, but i won't go down without a fight. read our 2nd amandment.

its better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    I just want to say I don't own, let alone ever fired a gun. But, I'm in total agreement with CMB and Tonerbomb. It is our Constitutional right to bear arms. I may not want to own one, but it's not for me to say you can't.
    God Bless America!!!!
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

If someone is so upset that want to kill somebody right now, and they do not have a gun, they will use an ax. Guns do not kill people, people do!