Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Am I Scared for Nothin ?

Every day in every way it seem's that the life I grew up with and treasured is being attacked and broke down, every value that I was taught and learned by life is being foreclosed on, and there is nothing I can do except deal with it, I'm the evil, wicked, mean, and nasty with 2 nasties white guy that has to go as well as a middle aged white entrepenaur.. I've been broke before a couple times and it really didnt bother me as I had hope- Today I have none.....
    Take the CIT deal today ,the fed's said no more money for you, you can fail who cares !!! Cit was the only decent company to finance my customers thru on their new copier purchases, the rest out there were much worst, I know what happened to them ,, Their customers went out of business ,,I know I had to re-po their machines and basically put the knife in their back and finish them, I told them (Cit) no way , I'm not going to do it as their more than deadbeats, their my friends as well as customers, I'm not your boy but I do understand that they have to do SOMETHING, they need to go ahead an get someone else ...No Bail out for CIT hurt's me because if Im lucky enough to actually get an order, we cant do it because of funding is not available. So now what, my customer goes to Staples etc. and buys a throw away device that cost them 20 cents a page to operate, we lose a sales person , a service person, admin, shipping, lower size building, janitor etc. etc. And all that revenue goes to China for their crap... How's that going to recover anything. More houses forclosed, families torn apart.. Yea right were never gonna recover from this economic tsunami at this rate ...
    It seems every Gov program or help thing I'm not qualified for or it hurts me and I get boinked again, I mean what the hell is up with this world today and what is going to be the breaking point. If we have a revoulution will our military fire on us and what will be their weapon of choice I wonder, and when and how can we ever take back our country...
    This constant barage of attacks on the small business guy as well as every other nasty thing they have in store for the middle class guy is quite frankly , beginning to get overwhelming on my consious as well as my sub- conscious.. Add to that the recession,lawsuits as Im being sued'ed by the yellow book as I couldnt pay for it and their trying to sue me personally as well as corporate, how the hell can I afford an atty and whats my defense, I dont think that blame it on the economy is going to help, house values,every asset that I own is worth half if I could sell it, taxes, women (got a notice that my ex want more child support for my daughter that I havent talked in 8 years as the court said they could leave Fl and thats the last time I heard from them despite a court oder ), and to quote Vinnie from the movie " Can we possibly pile any more **** on this ". Am I a victim of the media ? Is this 2012 end of world crap have any merit.. What obligation's finacially should I feel bad about not keeping i.e. Credit card companies, mortgages when I owe $400,000 more than my house is worth, it becomes a business decision to give it up, Yea I lose $200,000 that I put down but quite frankly I cant afford the taxes that have gone from $4,200 when I bought it to a tick under $10,000 in 5 years with no end in sight. My business has lost over 55 % of my account base that has pulled their plug and are gone and not coming back. High rent leases that im screwed on, Copier Sales that I have to discount the Hell out of just to get the deal... I mean where does it end !! Maybe I should just liquidate what I can , buy an Rv and survive, do some internet sales where I can and just be ready I quess .. What You think, tell me someone that I'm blowing everything out of proportion as 70% of the country doesnt even know were in a depression they say and it's just the west middle coast of Florida..
    I got rear ended monday by a 99 suburban while sitting at a traffic light waiting to turn left in my Honda accord, lets just say it got accordianed !, I saw her coming and heard her lock em up, I turned my wheel to left and headed to a left turn lane that was un-occupied and nailed it, that minimized the impact substantially and I didnt hit the truck in front of me, however she still nailed me good , I thought about it and almost decided to go victim on it and play the game but really in the end I just want to be made whole , I decided that I still have to look at the guy in the mirror every day and not be the scammer dude but I thought about it, (how sad) ..............

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    The world really is in a piss poor state at the minute. Run by monkeys, being sponged off by benefit leeches, everything getting more expensive while we have less money coming in. It'll all come to a crashing halt sooner or later.

What makes me laugh most is the banks / building societies / companies we have nationalised recently. When these businesses start making money again, I seriously doubt the taxpayer will see any money back. As a rather extraordinary statistic, each British householder now has £3,000 invested in one major failed bank from the income tax they pay. I kinda doubt this will affect their christmas party, they'll still have one, but in the back of their mind would they be thinking "the taxpayer paid for this drink I have". Will they buggery. They'll get hammered on cheap champagne and just enjoy the free drinkies.

One thing that really chaps my bits is asylum seekers and immigrants. I'd say a good percentage of immigrants into the UK only want to come over here to sponge off the state. Free healthcare, British passport and free money from the DWP. Isn't it a great life? Whereas, if a British person who was born and raised in the UK gets into financial difficulty, there is little to no assistance from the government.

All I can say to Gordon Brown at the minute is:

GET YOUR PRIORITIES RIGHT YOU STUPID ONE-EYED BASTARD.

Anyway, after all is said and done nothing will be done, the government will always crucify the law-abiding, tax paying, hard working citizens to screw them over as much as possible, blatantly ignoring complaints and utter outrage at their policies.

A corking example of this is a ploy brought in by my local council:

Council Spy Car Patrolling Wirral - Wirral - wikiwirral.co.uk

When I read that in our local newspaper I was sorely tempted to stroll down to the local town hall.... and burn the fucker to the ground. How is it that things like this are even LEGAL? As a person who responded to this article noted, the Smart car was parked illegally while it was taking the pictures of so called "parking infringements". Will the driver of said vehicle be penalised for said parking? I doubt it.

To summarise, the world is going to hell in a hanging basket and I do think we'd all be done a huge favour if a meteorite hit the planet and wiped us off the map like drool on your chin.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    No, I don’t think that you’re 'scared for nothin'.' Given many of the things you’ve been through would make almost anyone take a step back and evaluate their life at that point. Unfortunately, you’re seeing quite a low spot, and much of our lives are cyclical, with real estate being one of them. I’ve been lucky in that my house hasn’t tanked, but it hasn’t increased from what it’s assessed at, and I can’t sell it right now either. I don’t live in an area that has a lot of financial strength, as seen by the few that are successful on the backs of those below them.

One thing I might suggest is that as long as you’re holding on, keep holding on and continue to find creative ways to extract more from the service side rather than the sales side. Since sales profits are razor thin due to competition, focusing on service becomes even more important. Have you incorporated things like print management and even some networking/computer repair? I do not know your market, so I’m just throwing these out there, but what needs are there that you can see? From the customers you have a good relationship with, I would casually ask them what they think might help their office work get done more efficiently. You might be surprised with some of the responses you receive.

I remember, years ago, when our service department was doing well and one customer in particular really appreciated it. They were CPA’s and gearing up for tax time around January or so. All of their office equipment needed service, and they wanted us to look at items that we, at the time, did not have on contract, like some printers. Being the service manager and on salary (so no OT), I decided to go over there on a Friday after work and spent about five hours there going through and servicing everything. Not only were they very appreciative, and already a good customer, but this just solidified the fact that no other company would do this for them. My point is that they would pay all of their bills immediately, always. If there was any company that would pay their bills in the customer base, they were the absolute best. I’m not saying that any customers in your base would respond to this or not, but I knew that this would help them out to ‘thank’ them for always paying their bills quickly, which helped keep the lights on and food on the table. They were a pretty big account, and we charged them accordingly, yet they never questioned anything until we missed a billing once (minor clerical error) and they CALLED US asking if everything was ok, as they did not yet receive a bill.

Given your market in Sarasota, what do you think your customers need that you could possibly provide, even if this “thing” is out of your norm? Most of the country is aware of a recession and many pockets are even more depressed, and I think that what’s going on is that people don’t want to BELIEVE that there is anything going on. You’re right, though, when I go out and the restaurants are packed, new cars are being sold, and houses and hotels are being built. Sometimes, I’m also like, “What the hell?” No district employee where I work received any COLA, when it’s usually standard, but because of the educational cuts we did not, yet people still seem to be spending dough as though it’s going out-of-style.

You might try talking to your good customers and see what they need, without them knowing you’re probing them directly. Social engineering could work in your favor here.

Well said TonerMunkeh.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Am I Scared for Nothin ?

Keep working - Millions on welfare depend on you... after the Govt skims 90% off the top for administration.

Bailout the banks (look where most of the money went - Largest AIG Payment to date went to a German Bank)

Bailout the Auto Makers so they don't file Bankruptcy (and where are the ones who took Bailout money now)

Try to make our enemies like us with the World Apology Tour (You can't make the schoolyard bully leave you alone by giving him your lunch money - Kick him in the 'nads a couple times)

Socialize Medicine (Show me just one place where this has ever improved medical care.)

Hate Crimes Legislation pushed through as an attachment to a spending (Don't get me started - it might be a crime)

Our founding fathers were some pretty smart dudes - they gave us a constitution that has made us the greatest democracy on the face of the planet. I wonder if these idiots will ever see how much worse off we are the further we get from it.
    73 DE W5SSJ