Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

traffic tickets for traveling techs

I am curious. If you drive for a living, you increse the odds of getting tickets, so how many of you have had them, and how does your shop handle it. I got two in ten years. The first MP got me doing 57 in a 35. As soon as he pulled away, I drove to the MP headquarters and found the head admin lady and told her that I was her copy repairman and I did not want to pay it. She ask if I was guilty. "Yes I am" I replied. "Thanks for being honest " she said, and made the ticket go away. The second was for putting my truck in reverse and tapping the bumper of an SUV. My boss paid that one for me.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    traffic tickets for traveling techs

I average 150-200+ miles/day and have had 1 warning for speeding in 15+ years of being a driving tech. Have had about 12 parking tickets though.
    Totoro

In twelve years, I've had one speeding ticket. Being Denmark, I was fined $100 for doing 33 in a 30mph zone!

I have had 4 parking tickets, HOWEVER, I have only paid 1 off them. The other three were written by the over-eager Copenhagen parking wardens, and a letter informing them of how my car was not violating any regulations saw them dismissed.
    I know the rules

All citations are personal, the companies here don't pay.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Damn you guys must drive like driving miss daisy’s over there, I average about 2 a month and that is if I am having a good month. With the new trafic point system starting over here by us soon, I guess I will be riding a bicycle to my calls soon.

Calls are just too far apart to drive in the speed limit.
    What? HuH?

Not quite Ms. Daisy.

It's all about keeping your speed down where the police like to stand. We have mobile camera vans, and fixed cameras too.

M-way speed limit is 130km/h (80mph), and you can lose your license for doing 160km/h (100mph). It's nuts.

Germany, which is our neighbor to the south still has large amounts of speed limit free motorways, and funnily enough, they have the same number of accidents per driven kilometer as we do here.

Explain to me again how speed causes accidents???

Driving on German m-ways you can sense that people are far more alert, since they know that the outside lane could be filled with a 250km/h+ Porsche any second.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Our speed limit on high ways are 120kmh here.
    I hardly ever get tickets on the high ways, my problem is the suburbs as the speed limit is only 60kmh, try and do eight calls a day driving at that speed!

The copers never stand in the open were you can see them, they always hiding in the bushes or behind walls, sneaky buggers they are here.
    What? HuH?

Sneaky, yes, but here they like to stand where the limit drops. So as you come off a major road (80km/h), and hit the city sign where the limit drops to 50km/h, you have to keep a watchful eye on your speed. Cross the line at 66km/h and your license is in danger

NEVER see the police where accidents actually happen and the speed could be a contributing factor to the damage done.

It's just to generate revenue....

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    I had 3 fines in 2 years (9 points and its a ban on 12 points) in about 2001-2003

1. Caught speeding doing 42 in a 30 by a red light camera - no its not a prostitute zone

2. Caught doing 50 in a 40 zone

3. Caught doing 36 in a 30 zone.

DVLA lost my license and wanted to ban me for failure to provide my license on my second conviction

I have no points at the moment and wish to keep it that way.

And last year i had 2 parking tickets for £130 - yippee you tossy gits in birmingham

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    I saw thanks for the ticket... oh and by the way... here is the bill to fix your copier.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts peterepeat's Avatar
    1 speeding ticket in 15 years(in the company van, anyways) but average at least a parking tix per month in Boston. Company pays as long as it's legit & not stupid like Handicapped spot or something.